Our Awesome 20th Anniversary spent on the Glory 4/28-5/5 Eastern picture review!

rdh rules

I see one of you may use a cpap machine, is that correct? If so what are the electrical outlets like in the room for them like? Did you bring an extension cord or do they supply one. DH and I both use cpap's so I am wondering what we should bring. Oh yea do they have distilled water for them? Sorry if you have mentioned this already.

Thanks Connie

I see one of you may use a cpap machine, is that correct? If so what are the electrical outlets like in the room for them like? Did you bring an extension cord or do they supply one. DH and I both use cpap's so I am wondering what we should bring. Oh yea do they have distilled water for them? Sorry if you have mentioned this already.

Thanks Connie

I can answer this. You can get permission to bring distilled water for the cpap machine. Also, it is very advisable, unless you are on the newer ships, to bring an extension cord. We were able to use one from guest services once, but more convenient to have your own. The outlets on the older ships are all the way at the desk, so it’s hard to plug anything in to reach the bed. Just make sure your extension cord is just that , without surge protector. One with a surge protector is prohibited on the cruise and may be confiscated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks Connie

DH uses CPap and we had to plug in with with multi plug without surge protector across the room at the desk above the refrigerator and then use a long extension cord to go across the floor to the bed. We unplugged it every day so we wouldn’t trip and the room steward can vacuum. They will supply you both multi-plug and extension cord but we had both. In smaller rooms like interior and oceanview, the bed will most times be on the same side as the desk so it doesn’t cause a trip hazard to run the cord. You can bring distilled water or it’s $3 to be delivered. DH just used the desalinated water on the ship this time and had no residue. He uses distilled at home and normally gets it in the room on cruise but read others have success with the ship water. We did the Elation (Fantasy class but updated rooms) last November and she had 1 plug and 2 usb plugs for charging your electronics. Sorry I don’t have a picture of the set up. He used the couch on the Glory to set the machine there because the tiny night stands are too tiny. Since you both have one, you may need two extension cords. I wrote in my Carnival questionnaire that they really need to do something different for medical equipment. DH said that the more plugs they supply the more electricity people will use, so that’s probably why they keep it to a minimum. We had the fan plugged in, his CPap, and our phones all at the same time.

Wonderful review and beautiful photos! Makes me excited for my Glory cruise in March when she transitions to New Orleans! This will be my first time on Glory. Thanks for sharing!

You’re welcome! You will enjoy her!

Thanks Connie

41b9c452d819e2c1c96b1ce6ea2ce671.jpg

Sailing on the Glory in just a few weeks. I was wondering, do they still do the two dressier nights? I am pretty sure they do one the first sea day, but when is the second one? Trying to plan my week out a bit as we are a family of 13 travelling together. With that many people, a schedule definitely works!

Love your review!

DH uses CPap and we had to plug in with with multi plug without surge protector across the room at the desk above the refrigerator and then use a long extension cord to go across the floor to the bed. We unplugged it every day so we wouldn’t trip and the room steward can vacuum. They will supply you both multi-plug and extension cord but we had both. In smaller rooms like interior and oceanview, the bed will most times be on the same side as the desk so it doesn’t cause a trip hazard to run the cord. You can bring distilled water or it’s $3 to be delivered. DH just used the desalinated water on the ship this time and had no residue. He uses distilled at home and normally gets it in the room on cruise but read others have success with the ship water. We did the Elation (Fantasy class but updated rooms) last November and she had 1 plug and 2 usb plugs for charging your electronics. Sorry I don’t have a picture of the set up. He used the couch on the Glory to set the machine there because the tiny night stands are too tiny. Since you both have one, you may need two extension cords. I wrote in my Carnival questionnaire that they really need to do something different for medical equipment. DH said that the more plugs they supply the more electricity people will use, so that’s probably why they keep it to a minimum. We had the fan plugged in, his CPap, and our phones all at the same time.

Thank you very much for your answer. I know to take my own cords to be safe now. I tried sleeping without mine one night and had a terrible sleep, as I have become so used to it.

Thanks again

Sailing on the Glory in just a few weeks. I was wondering, do they still do the two dressier nights? I am pretty sure they do one the first sea day, but when is the second one? Trying to plan my week out a bit as we are a family of 13 travelling together. With that many people, a schedule definitely works!

Love your review!

Thanks! Yes 2 “elegant” nights . On the Eastern, the 1st one was the 1st Sea day which was Monday and the 2nd one is Grand Turk day which is Thursday. I’m going to discuss that hopefully later today as I haven’t finished Grand Turk day yet, lol. Have fun!!!!

The Sunshine was already docked at Grand Turk and we pulled in beside her. It looked like a really cool ship with a three level Serenity with a pool at the front. We had planned on going on her November 2016 out of Charleston and had to cancel. We were ready for the beach and headed off the ship around 11. This is probably the easiest port I’ve ever been to. You just walk down the dock and you are at the beach. There wasn’t that many places still available that were free. We grabbed two seats with a green umbrella in the back room across from the ships. We checked on the front row with the white coverings and they were $50. We set up in the shade and enjoyed the breeze before we headed into the water. We spoke to a group next to us that were on the Sunshine. We had brought our own snorkel gear and I had snorkeled there before and remember seeing some fish. This time I could not seem to get my mask to fit right and I kept inhaling water in my sinuses. I finally gave up and just enjoyed the water that was chilly at first and then it started to rain. I guess who cares if it’s raining if you’re already in the water. I did remember that I wish I had brought my water shoes as before because there is a lot a rocks. We headed over to Margaritaville to check it out and then decided to just go shopping at the stores and the little local market they had set up. Last time we had went to Grand Turk, we had walked out to conch graveyard and picked up about six shells and brought them back. But last time we had drove to Port Canaveral. Since we were flying, I was not going to weigh my luggage down with shells. When we got back on the ship, we saw several confsicated sea creatures on the dock. See picture later. I bought some great homemade soap at one of a little local shops and a couple pieces of wood-a wooden rooster and bowl. The soap was mango and smells good enough to eat! My friends liked it too. The whole town’s internet was shut down so everybody was doing cash only including the large Dufry store. I heard someone had hit a pole. We started walking back and I noticed there’s a man on a sea doo telling everyone to get out of the water and then I see there’s people taking up the ropes on the Sunshine. We watched the Sunshine leave which was cool watching. That’s why they made the people get out of the water, in case there’s an undercurrent. We headed to our room and my husband showed me the shirt he bought while I was on the other shopping side and it had an ink spot on the front. I told him we need to take it back and exchange it since he paid $20 for it. We went back down and walked to the market and exchanged it. The easiest port, get on/off the ship as many times as you want!!

We got back around 4:30 and I was still trying to figure out where our room was from the outside. I had my husband go up and then wave as I took the picture. This would have worked better if I was further back not straight down from him. Oh well it was fun and Wow it’s high up and that’s not the highest!! I headed to our balcony to watch the sail away. This was the only time I could hear people around us. A guy about 5 doors down had his music playing loud and it was a rap song about a female cat or woman, lol. That song ended and I was hoping that was it but then another came on. I stood up and leaned forward to see if I could see who it was before I called the front desk. He saw me and said is it too loud, I said yea a little. He turned it down. We couldn’t hear it at all and told him he could turn it up, it was ok. This was the first time I smelled smoke too. It actually smelled like pot, it was coming from the opposite side of the music. I never did see that person and it wasn’t overly strong so I didn’t care. While we were hanging out we watched the stragglers come in at 5. We saw Dustin the CD and his crew waiting and radioing they were still missing people. At this time the beach is empty and there’s all these little boats parked near the beach. Finally here comes the guy we’ve been waiting on and his woman. They’re taking their time walking up the dock. We all start clapping and yelling no need to rush! He just laughs and everyone walks in. We start leaving the beautiful island and are a little sad as the next dock will be Miami [emoji17] This vacation has been awesome and we don’t want it to end! Next is our 2nd Elegant night and since we ate brunch, we want to go early to dinner.