Park n Fly/ Port Garage Parking at FLL questions

suncruzr

Has anyone had a recent experience parking at Park n Fly in Fort Lauderdale and using their shuttle service to and from the port? Have read both positive and negative feedback with reference to wait times and their shuttle schedules. Also, if you park in the parking garage at the port is there a shuttle to the ship or do you just walk? . We are going on the Infinity in February. Yea!

suncruzr

We used them on October when we sailed Caribbean Princess. This wa sthe best decision i ever made concerning parking. They were easy to get to off the highway, they pick us (and our luggage) up right at the car, dropped us and right at the ship. When we returned we were given a number to call. However, when we exited the terminal, there was the Park-n-fly shuttle waiting for us. He loaded our luggage, we waited for a few more apssengers, then we were off to the lot. Each passenger was dropped directly at their car and the luggage wa sunloaded for them. Then as we exited, we were only charged for 6 days as we were leaving earlier in the day than we arrived. All of this for a promotional rate of less that $7 per day.

I highly recommend this establishment.

Our experience in December with Park n Fly was not so positive. When we arrived there were about 40 people waiting to be picked up by the shuttle, which held about 10 people. There was no central pick-up location, and no first-come-first-served for pickup. We were lucky and waited only about 20 minutes until we got on a van, but another couple said they had been waiting 2 hours in the hot sun. There were at least five ships departing that day, and our van stopped at four of them; we were last. I think they could have dedicated certain vans to certain ships for efficiency's sake, given the number of people waiting.

Coming back was better...we called as we left the terminal and waited about 10 minutes. However, they denied that a AAA rate was available, as we had read about on this board. Still, the car was fine and it was not very expensive. I do think we'd park at the port next time. Just my two cents.

I parked at Park N Fly for two weeks this past December, and I must say the experience was painless! I booked via the internet. The shuttle picked me up at my car (5 minute wait), loaded my luggage, and dropped me right off at the terminal. When I returned, I called the return number while I was waiting to get through customs; when I walked outside, the shuttle was waiting just for me! Wonderful service! Book online; you get a discount.

I really believe that it's the way the "cookie crumbles" with Park N Fly. The last time I used them in December I dropped my wife off at the pier with the luggage and then went back to the Park N Fly lot to park the car. I waited at least 15-20 minutes for a van to show up for the shuttle to the pier. By that time, the traffic was BRUTAL and it was a slow and tedious ride back to the ship. :( When we were close to the pier, traffic came to standstill, so since I had already dropped my luggage and my wife at the pier, I got off the shuttle and walked a block or two to the pier, and I did beat the shuttle. When we returned from the cruise, we waited at least 30 minutes to get on to a Park N Fly shuttle......the line was long waiting for the shuttles which were running quite slowly. However, once before I used them and everything went as smooth as can be with hardly any waiting time at each end of the cruise. So, it's really a crap shoot with Park N Fly......sometimes great and other time lousy. But, I booked with them on line and with my AAA discount, it cost about $45.00 and if you park in the garage, it costs you $84.00. So a little discomfort here and there isn't so bad when you can save about $40.00.

;)

I really believe that it's the way the "cookie crumbles" with Park N Fly. The last time I used them in December I dropped my wife off at the pier with the luggage and then went back to the Prk N Fly lot to park the car. I waited at least 15-20 minutes for van to show up for the shuttle to the pier. By that time, the traffic was BRUTAL and it was a slow and tedious ride back to the ship. :( When we were close to the pier, traffic came to standstill, so since I had already dropped my luggage and my wife at the pier, I got off the shuttle and walked a block or two to the pier, and I did beat the shuttle. When we returned from the cruise, we waited at least 30 minutes to get on to a Park N Fly shuttle......the line was long waiting for the shuttles which were running quite slowly. However, once before I used them and everything went as smooth as can be with hardly any waiting time at each end of the cruise. So, it's really a crap shoot with Park N Fly......sometimes great and other time lousy. But, I booked with them on line and with my AAA discount, it cost about $45.00 and if you park in the garage, it costs you $84.00. So a little discomfort here and there isn't so bad when you can save about $40.00.

;)

We use the FLL Park 'N Fly when going to the airport (Have never used them for the pier). To date the experience has been a very positive one. Having said that, I am sure that when there are multiple ships/planes leaving at the same time, there will be a "crunch" creating some delays. However, you can't beat the price and peace of mind knowing your vehicle is safe..... you're on vacation, what's the hurry!? :)

Susana

Archived