Cruise Compass in LARGE PRINT?

Yes, you can get one. I get mine through the special needs department. You can also get menus. Even when I fill out the form I usually have to remind Guest Services and the Head Waiter. I have gotten them the last 3 cruises. It makes all the difference.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When we traveled with my grandma (who’s going blind) on the Radiance we were provided with large print compasses and also someone showed us around the ship on the first day. Plus, every night they reserved seats for us in the front row of the theater, so that she could enjoy the shows. They even offered to read the MDR menu to her every night! While my mom had that covered, it was amazing to see the level of service and care. The special needs department does a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You need to contact the access department. I actually just filled out my dads' form (electronic form online through the RC website) and requested large print materials. I'm curious what that is though...compasses? menus? I wasn't sure either. Here's a link to the page you need:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/experience/accessible-cruising

Their contact info:

Call our Access Department at (866) 592-7225, or send an e-mail to special_needs@rccl.com, or have your local travel agent or International Representative contact us. Our fax number is (954) 628-9622.

In the last year my wife went on a CPAP machine. When I booked our upcoming cruise I didn't think of the need for distilled water during the cruise. I was reading on these boards where someone asked about bringing on distilled water. People suggested the special needs department.

I used the email address above just saying my wife has a CPAP machine. They responded back within hour or two they would have distilled water and an extension cord in the cabin.

Definitely reach out to them.

If you order the large print Compasses ahead of time through Special Needs, you will receive the large print on embarkation night and every night thereafter. If you wait and ask at Guest Services, it will take a day or two for them to arrange it through the print shop. (The Compasses are printed fresh for each cruise). If you want a regular size and a large print, tell your room steward or they often will just leave the large print.

While I've seen braille menus, I've never seen large print menus. But you could ask special needs.

I called the Access dept using the phone# above and they took care of my request for large print compasses ....said they would be in my room but if forgotten, go to Guest Services on ship. Also, said I would need to see Guest Services on ship for close seating in the theater. So.... I will do that! Nice service.

And I appreciate all the good info above.

I called the Access dept using the phone# above and they took care of my request for large print compasses ....said they would be in my room but if forgotten, go to Guest Services on ship. Also, said I would need to see Guest Services on ship for close seating in the theater. So.... I will do that! Nice service.

And I appreciate all the good info above.

While I don't think they'd have an issue giving out the large print compasses, I wonder if they'd ask for proof of blindness for specialty seating, etc. While I think they wouldn't, I'd probably bring my son's certificate. Any other "benefits" he would get besides lp compasses and seating accommodations. Just want to ensure if he wants something that I can arrange it for him. Thanks.

They have extra Compasses in racks near Customer Service desk. Since me and my wife sometimes go our seperate ways, I usually grab an extra copy in the morning.

If you order the large print Compasses ahead of time through Special Needs, you will receive the large print on embarkation night and every night thereafter. If you wait and ask at Guest Services, it will take a day or two for them to arrange it through the print shop. (The Compasses are printed fresh for each cruise). If you want a regular size and a large print, tell your room steward or they often will just leave the large print.

While I've seen braille menus, I've never seen large print menus. But you could ask special needs.

I have never seen Large Print Compasses in the rack at Customer Service. To be certain of getting them, I suggest ordering ahead of time with Special Needs.

That would be a way to get the regular size Compasses, especially if the room steward fails to leave one along with the Large Print Compass.

While I don't think they'd have an issue giving out the large print compasses, I wonder if they'd ask for proof of blindness for specialty seating, etc. While I think they wouldn't, I'd probably bring my son's certificate. Any other "benefits" he would get besides lp compasses and seating accommodations. Just want to ensure if he wants something that I can arrange it for him. Thanks.

They won't ask for any proof of blindness.

That is what I meant. If wanted to get a regular size Compass in addition to the Large Print that the room steward leaves in your room. Sorry that I wasn't clear.

I have never seen Large Print Compasses in the rack at Customer Service. To be certain of getting them, I suggest ordering ahead of time with Special Needs.

That would be a way to get the regular size Compasses, especially if the room steward fails to leave one along with the Large Print Compass.