Does Equinox have a slot tournament?

LeCricket

Do the 7 day cruises usually have a slot tournament? I've always wanted to do one. Not interested in your thoughts of whether I should play slots or not. You can save that for another thread. Just looking for those that have seen one happen or have experienced one. Do they occur and how do they work? Thanks!

How exactly does a SLOT tournament work. One machine or do you get to move around? How is a winner determined by winnings after a time limit?

Curious sounds like it could be fun but my experience with slots is the $30 would be gone in 10 minutes. :D

How exactly does a SLOT tournament work. One machine or do you get to move around? How is a winner determined by winnings after a time limit?

Curious sounds like it could be fun but my experience with slots is the $30 would be gone in 10 minutes. :D

Sit at the machine and keep hitting the button, whoever has highest amount wins. There is a switch on these special machines that makes the payouts really high to make it exciting. They usually have tournaments with winners moving on to the next round.

i did one on a carnival cruise, it was an entry fee .. then hit the button as many times as you can for a time period .. i think it was bracketed too .. so there were multiple rounds.

was great fun .. would certainly do again

• 3 weeks later...

I was on the ship in late March of this year. The fee is $30.00 and you pay at the cashier. You get a ticket which you give to the person running tournament. I also received a lottery ticket and the numbers were drawn later that day. It is winner take all, no second place.

There is a bank of machines were everyone meets at. There are rounds and your name will be on a screen over a machine. Once everyone is seated there is a countdown and at zero you have three minutes to hit the button as many times as you can trying to get the highest score.

During this time balloons will appear on a screen in front of you, hit them, they are worth points. There is a countdown and you are done. There is the top score and then another around and so on until there are no more players. The ones with the top score go into final around and you play the same way.

I maybe missing few steps, but this should give you an idea of what happens. Check the dailies for the time, I remember it was a sea day but I am not sure if it was at the start or end of the cruise.

On another topic. There is an activities person who's name is Oz and is a really nice guy. I meet him on the Summit a few years ago. If you see him tell him Norm says hello. Good luck playing tournament.