Horizon or Magic?

My vote: Horizon

Reason? I don't care about SJ as a port, GT I've not been to (yet- will be there in Sept) but am ambivalent about. That leaves a toss up between AC and St T or St M and St K. And for me, I much prefer St M and St K.

Since Orient Beach is still devastated from the hurricane, I can't do my Eruo beach experience. So that means outside of wanting to stock up on vanilla and a trip to Tiffany's (DH started this thing where we get a key added to my necklace from there or the Oasis Tiffany's a year or so back) I wouldn't really need to get off the ship in either case. Which means for me, I'd rather check out the new ship.

Also, Spring Break? Please do Havana, even if it's an interior. No way in hell I'd fight those crowds on Carnival's tiny pool...

Havana cabin is close to $50 per day, per person, aka $800 more. For that price (which I don't want to spend that much) I could get a balcony.

Havana cabin is close to $50 per day, per person, aka $800 more. For that price (which I don't want to spend that much) I could get a balcony.

I understand if it doesn’t fit what you would like to spend for your cruise, it’s not for everybody. the reason I said get it even if you get an inside Havana cabin is because of the private pool and hot tub area in Havana location. I just feel like carnival does not have as large pools and as many of them as some of the other ships we been on. Based on pictures it always looks like people soup in those pools. Now, if lounging at the pool is not something you do? Then totally no need to spend that money. I’m not a pool lounger either, but the thought of spring break crowds makes me a little anxious and so the other reason I recommended Havana area was to have some place where the crowding will not be so severe.

At the end of the day I was just trying to weigh in on why I chose what I chose based on the original question of which ship to take.

I understand if it doesn’t fit what you would like to spend for your cruise, it’s not for everybody. the reason I said get it even if you get an inside Havana cabin is because of the private pool and hot tub area in Havana location. I just feel like carnival does not have as large pools and as many of them as some of the other ships we been on. Based on pictures it always looks like people soup in those pools. Now, if lounging at the pool is not something you do? Then totally no need to spend that money. I’m not a pool lounger either, but the thought of spring break crowds makes me a little anxious and so the other reason I recommended Havana area was to have some place where the crowding will not be so severe.

At the end of the day I was just trying to weigh in on why I chose what I chose based on the original question of which ship to take.

I am a pool person very early in the morning (around the same time all the chair hogs start to get out). However, after that, I am by the pool very little (basing off resort vacations, never been on a cruise). The Havana area does seem very nice, but not something I'd take over a balcony. Do you have any other tips for avoiding crowds? The biggest resort we have stayed at had 400 rooms, about 900 people.