Willdra’s Hyperactive Carnival Horizon April 15-22 Cruise

willdra

Next we went across the street to the gift shops. We purchased some Paris souvenirs then ordered an Uber to Little Italy Caffe for dinner. It was raining again by then, and we got in the Uber so fast, I had to pause real quick to make sure that we didn't just jump into some random person's car! That would've been extremely awkward. Thank goodness the Uber App has details about the car and driver. Use it.

Little Italy was very good. We had a nice wine and a variety of dishes. I had the lasagna which was divine, and really hot!! We loved the food and the service. The staff was very nice, friendly, they spoke English very well.

41769653351_d9ce649b75_z.jpg

41051454384_0c5429bffa_z.jpg

41769646941_6f44baccf6_z.jpg

A wanted to go to Stohrer so we walked down there for pan de chocolate after dinner. We also walked into Paul. There were so many mouthwatering desserts, it was hard to choose! A got some really pretty pastries but I couldn’t eat another thing. Hard pass.

41769642901_df78d91cc2_z.jpg

26901252217_de0dcbe2d0_z.jpg

27900449478_77375373d0_z.jpg

41728368742_269de059b5_z.jpg

41769640081_370634a302_z.jpg

26901248077_6e1fecafb3_z.jpg

We continued walking into a large park with an open mall. Chatelet, which is a very large Metro station, is underground. I really loved the area, it was cool to just saunter around taking in the sights. AC went into Sephora just to get an eye pencil but wound up getting a makeover. Was her face that busted?? They must’ve told her to throw her whole face away and start over.

Since it was gonna take a minute to get her face right, we really just looked around in some of the stores. Once AC’s face was beat to the Parisian’s satisfaction, A and Z went back to their apartment and we took the train back to our hotel in Belleville. Right as we exited we could see the Eiffel Tower lit up in the distance so we stopped to try to capture it. We almost died here, cuz we stopped partially in the road, but hey YOLO. Right?

26901240927_beddb72bfe_z.jpg

41051444564_a4fe0a7b32_z.jpg

27859786068_daf98a54df_z.jpg

26901237447_2aeff2b364_z.jpg

Back at our hotel, we rested up, then hit the town. This time only W and I were meeting A and Z for cocktails. They had an AirBNB that was walking distance from Chatelet, so we went there a lot. W and I navigated through the maze of that station which is phenomenal, because it’s truly confusing. There’s so much going on, and so many people moving in different directions that it’s easy to get lost. It took both of us watching the signs in order to make it out alive. On top of that, Parisians walk fast, and it makes you feel big, slow, and in the way when they breeze by you!

We decided to hit up this bar called Le Galant. They had happy hour until 11:30 pm which was really all we needed to know about it. The beers and cocktails were 5.50 Euro. I had a cosmopolitan and a punch exotique. Everyone else had beers. They fell in love with those beers. They acted like they were sprinkled with magic and pixie dust!

28114915148_8dc352bb06_z.jpg

41267595294_106ef3188e_z.jpg

41986324871_5514cd01dd_z.jpg

27117114657_06a3332b5c_z.jpg

We sat and talked as we sipped our drinks. We made a “loose” plan for the next day (which we promptly forgot after we left the bar). It would be our last full day in Paris so we had to make it count. We also decided that there was no reason that the now infamous banana bread from hades shouldn’t travel to Spain and even Italy. It’s come this far we might as well keep it going.This banana bread has traveled more than many people! It may need a passport and a visa! I did notice tho, that nobody was offering to take it for me. #typical

Too soon it was time for us to get back to and thru Chatelet and take the M11 back to Hotel Scarlett.

We made it to the right spot, but we couldn't believe how many people were on the trains that late. It was also a “different” crowd than what we were used to seeing. I definitely kept my eyes open and my wits about me. #suspicious

Thankfully our ride back was quiet. Before I fell asleep, I said a prayer thanking God that I didn't do what AC did to wash her face that morning. She used a clean pair of underpants as her washcloth (at least I hope they were clean). Maybe that's why the makeup artist at Sephora had to spend an hour fixing her face.

OMG! Willdra I just love your reviews. I am new to CC and every since I read your review of the Vista, which I will be on in September I had to go and find all your other reviews. It makes me feel like I am right there on vacation with you.

Your family sounds like so much fun, it so much reminds me of my family.

I wish you were on my cruise in September. Can't wait for the rest of this entertaining review.

• Like 1

So I'm sitting here eating supper (stir fry; I try to duplicate the Mongolian wok onboard... I get close enough!), anticipating my next cruise in a few-ish weeks, and trying to wile away the hours on cc and up pops a wildra review! Yay!

Thank you and that stir fry sounds great!! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You’re an excellent writer, I was in Paris last June & I look forward to reliving my trip through your report! Can’t wait for the Horizon part as well

Thank you [emoji4]!! Paris is so pleasant!! I can’t wait to go back.❤️❤️❤️

OMG! Willdra I just love your reviews. I am new to CC and every since I read your review of the Vista, which I will be on in September I had to go and find all your other reviews. It makes me feel like I am right there on vacation with you.

Your family sounds like so much fun, it so much reminds me of my family.

I wish you were on my cruise in September. Can't wait for the rest of this entertaining review.

Thank you so much! My family is full of nuts, but we really try to see the humor in everything🤪. That makes it so much fun![emoji23]

Excellent review! I feel a little overwhelmed just reading about your travels in Paris. So much to do and see!

Everyone is so photogenic and beautiful!

Thank you and yes we were nonstop the whole time! [emoji28][emoji28]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Holy cow, I nearly choked to death on my lunch I was laughing so hard about Sephora! :) I probably missed it but have you been to Europe before? You guys seem like pros! Can't wait for the rest of this wild adventure!

LOL [emoji23] thank you! We lived in Germany when W was still in the Army, and we did some traveling while we were there. This is our first time going to Europe just for vacay tho. That was a million years ago too, so everything was fresh this time. [emoji16][emoji847]

Wildra is at it again[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji23][emoji23]🤣🤣YAY!!

So glad ur posting your review. This will help me get through the next couple of days at work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

LOL thanks and me too! I feel like I’m living it all over again.[emoji5][emoji5]

Paris Day 3

By this day we were adjusted to the climate,and we had another really good night’s sleep. That little room was comfy, and we were enjoying it. I woke up around 8:30, and started getting ready. The plan for the day was to hit Sacre Coeur and Eiffel Tower. If we had enough time we would dip by the Catacombs too. I shot AC and V a quick text to let them know that we were on time and we would be downstairs at 10. We were meeting A and Z at the train station so they wouldn't have to use more tickets by walking up to us then back again.

W got ready before me (wow) so he went down to the Pattiserie to get our morning pastries. It’s practically next door to the hotel and it only took like 5 minutes for him to go and come back (he moves fast when he's motivated by food). We got downstairs promptly at 10 and there was no sign of AC and V. I sent them a text. They said they were coming. 10 minutes later they were still not there,so I sent a “warning, we are about to leave you at the hotel alone” text. Miraculously they appeared shortly after that. I rolled my eyes so hard that it gave me a headache, then we left. WTH takes them so long?? Good grief.

The view from our hotel window

26754308067_1c9df8ed01_z.jpg

We had to briskly walk down the hill to the Metro because A and Z were already there waiting. We joined them and made our way to the train. We reached the Sacre Coeur area quickly. We exited the train station and before we walked up the hill to the church we stopped at a café called Pret for coffee and more pastries. Apparently you can never have too many pastries in Paris. I was into it. I just need to figure out how they eat all of these carbs, but remain thin. Is there something special in the dough? Is it the air? Or is it because they go underground a lot to ride the Metro? Is it the chain smoking? Whatever it is, I need it in my life stat because there are some beautiful slender people there!

41668380571_eedec800b2_z.jpg

After we’d sufficiently annoyed everyone in the café by being the obnoxious, loud Americans, we trekked up the hill a piece to the spectacular Sacre Coeur. I was talking as we walked up, so I missed it at first, then all of a sudden I looked up and there it was. I was not ready for how breathtaking it truly was. I was instantly mute (which is not easy to do) and there were no words to be said. Mouth agape.

40789642615_ef112335e3_z.jpg

40778717855_2bee1a6054_z.jpg

41679279011_7d26f7ebff_z.jpg

41679278831_d622bd934e_z.jpg

Edited by willdra
Spelling

Everyone set out exploring the area, clicking cameras, and beholding the beauty. Walking up the stairs was mandatory to take in more of the scene. V stayed downstairs tho cuz her chest was telling her that it wasn't about that “climbing all of those stairs” life. We approved her sitting it out, because you know, living is kinda wonderful too.

The top was even more spectacular than the bottom, and you could really see a lot of Paris up there. We took more pictures, and contemplated going in, but the line was getting long, and we didn't want V to feel like we abandoned her. There were more people around when we were leaving, and we were glad that we got there earlier.

40779271975_137fd03793_z.jpg

41629756322_7cd11ae113_z.jpg

40959074334_26907b67fd_z.jpg

26860672527_dc381c7182_z.jpg

26860674607_f603b37e41_z.jpg

26860679707_e6bd10aaa3_z.jpg