Fantasy Cruise Review Just Returned

rqueenva

My family and I just returned from the 12/25 sailing on the Fantasy. I have to say the ship is beautiful and very clean. We were booked on the veranda level in a cat 11 suite. It was nice to have a balcony and the room was kept well maintained by our cabin steward. Embarkation went very smoothly as we were sent to the skippers club and whisked through the lines. Our ship was to depart at 4:30 p.m. around 5:30 p.m. we saw a group of people leaving the ship with luggage in hand, we finally pulled out at 6:30 p.m. We were told the ship was being held for passengers whose flights were delayed, I found this unusual as I have never seen this happen before. The dining room staff was very accommodating. The food in all areas was fine, I am not picky about my food and understand that they are trying to serve 1000's of people at once. We chose to do the Tranquility shores Beach break in Freeport. We had an excellent bus driver who provided us with a history of the area and singining along the way. The beach was nice although very windy. In Nassau we did the Yellowbird boat which was alot of fun and provided us time to shop in the morning. The only negatives I have to say is that there weren't alot of activites for the 12 -14yr.old age group. both of my children generally particpate in the activities for the kids under 18 but neither of them found anything interesting about the offerings and nothing was ever advertised for the 12 -14 age group. The only other thing is that the activities seem to lull in the afternoons and in port in Nassau between the shows and lido party there wasn't much offered. Cleopatra's provided excellent music before and after dinner. The shows were good and about equal with other cruises we have been on. All in all it was a fun time. I would reccommend this to others who would like a nice short cruise.

RQueen:

Thanks for the review!

We leave on Sunday (actually heading down on Friday for some R & R at Universal and Disney).

In reading the boards here, Freeport seems to be a bust. You guys did the Tranquility Beach thing. IS that worth it? My daughter (18) who is bringing a friend are into beaches and was wondering what would be the best in this area.

Also, you said Cleopatras was excellent. IS that the disco, Piano Bar, or some other club?

Thanks.

CTMak

Hubby and I will be going on the Fantasy 4 day cruise next Sunday1/15 out of Cape Canaveral. This is our first cruise and have some questions pertaining to Fantasy ship.

I have searched the boards but find each boat to have different rules.

* Should I lock my suitcases?

* Is there a fridge in all rooms (staying interior empress deck)

* Can I get ice for my room? If so do I need to provide container?

* Can we get on boat earlier than 1:30 that states on boarding packet?

If anyone has any other tips that I first time cruiser may need I would appreciate it. Im so excited but a lil nervous also.

Hi,

My husband and I were on the Fantasy in September. In answer to your questions:

Sorry no fridge

You can get ice; there is an ice bucket the steward keeps filled, but I would bring a small cooler if you want to keep soft drinks or water cold.

Yes, you can get on the ship before 1:30. We were on by 12:30 and a lot of people were already there.

We didn't lock our luggage because we couldn't find our keys. We would have if we could have.

Have a wonderful time.

Archived