Ncl Majesty

bookwerm1980

I am considering booking the Majesty 11/25/2005 for myself (43, single) and my 22 yr old daughter. It will be my 4th cruise and her first. My concern is that the ship has no balcony cabins and I will have been in 2 balcony cabins when that trip rolls around (first in RC Explorer of the Seas 11/04, and on Costa Med 04/06) I know that I would probably be happier in a balcony cabin, but we are planning on driving to the port and this works for us. Do you think I will hate not having a balcony? Or should I just be happy for my daughter who is paying her own way (finally) and go with the flow. This may seem petty to some, but I really enjoyed my balcony last year, and have since sworn I would never do a ocean view again. Any constructive comments will be greatly appreciated:) :) .

We are sailing on the Majesty on 1/14 in a catagory AB suite. All of the suites have floor to ceiling windows and most have a 2nd window as well. There is a small sitting area in front of the big window. It's not quitew the same as a balcony, I'm sure but it's the closest you will get to one on this ship. We found that booking the suite costs about the same as a balcony cabin on most larger ships. Be careful though. . .many of the suites on the Majesty have fully or partially obstructed views.

My first cruise ever was on the Norweigan Majesty (9/03) with an oceanview room. My second cruise was on RCCL (1/05) with a balcony. My third cruise is going to be on Princess (2/06) and we booked a balcony. After having a balcony, I couldn't imagine going back to oceanview. However, this will be a wonderful vacation for you and your daughter and someday when my daughter is out on her own and wants to go on a cruise with me and our only choice is an oceanview stateroom - I would take it in a heartbeat! You are hardly in your room anyway so I would say go for it and embelish the time you have with your daughter albeit in an oceanview stateroom! :)

Lot's of reviews and comments on the Majesty on these boards, I love the small ship actually. I've been in mini suite on Dawn, Junior Suite on RCCL, inside room, and oceanview. I'll take what I can get on the ship, as long as I"m on the ship! lol

A balcony is definately nice, but you won't be disappointed in an oceanview, you'll be out and about the ship more, plenty of open space.

Archived