AIR2SEA Transportation

We are thinking about booking our flights through Royal for an upcoming cruise on the Oasis out of Port Canaveral. We are looking for opinions from others who have used this service. We always booked our own airfare so we leave a couple of days early just in case.

I have a couple of questions regarding this service:

How safe is it to book the airfare the day of the cruise?

If you miss the ship and have to board at the first port, does Royal refund you for the days you have missed?

I found out that if you fly down a day or two early Royal does not offer any of the hotels at the port. Has anyone here stayed at the hotels they offer in Orlando?

Thank you!

I used Air2sea in 2015 for cruise tour planned to Alaska, flight was with United. Had a situation come up and had to change to a different cruise, United and Air2Sea was totally unwilling to change without a penalty, I was charged $250 to change flights. My TA did wave their penalty and was very helpful in getting a different cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale so that I didn't loose everything I had already paid toward the cruise. Now I have a TA scheduled for this fall and used Air2Sea, flying on Delta, mostly because of the unbelievable bargain cost. All the other benefits of using Air2Sea are pretty good. I also have different insurance this time (other trip was basic insurance through either RCL or TA) and have learned a lot more about picking and choosing coverage that is important to me. I don't know about any restrictions with Delta, but with the United flight had to be used within a year of booking and if I hadn't found another cruise that fit with my time frame, I would have lost that money anyway.

I used it once.

I saved about $100 per person.

Instead of a 5 hour travel day if booking on my own, I got a 14 hour travel day with 2 connections.

Have always made my own travel arrangements since.

There is the marketing and brochure language that if you miss the ship, they will do their best.

In the legal documentation and contract, they clearly state that there is no guarantee they will get you to the ship.

Any delays would be covered by your travel insurance.

How safe is it to fly same day? I would never do it, but I’m sure there are many people who do it successfully all the time.

We are thinking about booking our flights through Royal for an upcoming cruise on the Oasis out of Port Canaveral. We are looking for opinions from others who have used this service. We always booked our own airfare so we leave a couple of days early just in case.

I have a couple of questions regarding this service:

How safe is it to book the airfare the day of the cruise?

1. I missed a flight once because of TSA. I had 2.5 hours in the airport early. Was on standby next flight and got on it successfully.

2. I missed a connection to Europe once for the weather. 8 hours later, I arrived, hungry, weary, and without luggage. I was sent on a code share airline, and luggage arrived 24 hours later.

If you miss the ship and have to board at the first port, does Royal refund you for the days you have missed?

NOPE

I found out that if you fly down a day or two early Royal does not offer any of the hotels at the port. Has anyone here stayed at the hotels they offer in Orlando?

The hotels are just a service they provide. You could book any hotel in your budget. If you are booking a transfer with them, it might be available at the hotel?

Thank you!

I use air2sea on International flights because, it has been much cheaper so far, and two, if a issue arrives, you at least have a person to handle things. Example, my next flight next month will have me returning on AirFrance. I would hope if they decide the day I fly is a strike day, I would have air2sea handle the rerouting.

I would not fly on the same day unless I really needed to. However, flying the day before could be just as bad, because if it is International, you have a very small amount of flights to fix it, but if it is domestic, you have a much better chance. I gave you to personal examples above.

I would use Air2Sea only for INTL flights, not domestic as I can do better booking flights on my own, now for 1 way flights I have done far better then booking through the airlines.

I agree... I used Air2Sea when I flew to Barcelona, and it was a fantastic experience. Not to mention it was cheaper to use A2S than Expedia (for example)

Once I landed, they made the transfer really quick and painless... Flight landed @ 9:30 and I was on-board @ 11:30.