AQUAPAC Camera Case

raider23

I have not used the AQUAPAC brand of protectors, but I have used the plastic bag type before and found them bulky and overall disappointing. For our last cruise I bought the underwater housing made by Sony for my P73, the MPK-THA (it fits the P10 also). I was able to get it on E-bay for about $120. Allows you acces to all the camera controls and is good down to 40 meters. You can look at www.digideep.com for lots of information about taking your camera down below.

According to Digideep.com Sony makes a housing for that camera. ewa-marine make a bag type as well.

The bag type would should work while snorkeling on the surface, but if you descend to any depth, the pressure will shrink wrap the bag to the camera making it difficult to operate. If you are only planning on casual snorkeling use and want to save money, the bag type might be acceptable, but you want more performance, you'll have to spring for the underwater housing.

I have not used an Aquapac for my camera, but I have used thier keymaster case for my ship card, license, credit card and money and been very impressed. It is not only waterproof, but it will not close if there is something sticking into the seal. Of course, if you do buy one, I would test it on something other than your camera first.

Yes! We have the hardshell case for our Canon S500 (got from Amazon). It works great. I am very careful not to get any sand on the seal. Fish are hard to photograph. You are wearing a mask and looking into a camera inside a plastic box! But some turn out really great.The levers work well for zoom or switching to movie mode. We also have the soft AquaPak and do not use it for pictures, just stuff.

• 4 weeks later...

We purchased an Aquapac and I was so excited to use in to snorkle in Playa -- unfortunately, the first time that I used it, water seeped into the bag and ruined the camera -- I would suggest using a camera that you don't mind losing if you go with the Aquapac :(

Archived