Specialty Dining

Camp30185

We are sailing with our 2 boys on NCL getaway May 20th. We chose the specialty dining as our second free at sea but it only covers my husband and I. We would like to have the boys eat with us at least once in the specialty dining. Can we use 2 of the six free dinners for our children?

We are sailing with our 2 boys on NCL getaway May 20th. We chose the specialty dining as our second free at sea but it only covers my husband and I. We would like to have the boys eat with us at least once in the specialty dining. Can we use 2 of the six free dinners for our children?

No. According to the Terms and Conditions of the promo meals are non-transferable. Sorry.

Edited to add: If your kids are young (<12) they can order off a complimentary kids menu which includes standard kid stuff like chicken fingers, hot dogs, mac n cheese, etc.

Edited by ColinIllinois

The meals are associated with a person and are non transferable.

You can buy a 3-meal Plan for your kids (relatively cheap). And all eat together.

Anyone can eat off the the complimentary kids menu at specialty restaurants.

Take kids to cover charge restaurants (Teppanyaki, Moderno, dinner shows) to limit costs.

Go a la carte. Kids (mom and dad) pay for whatever is ordered.

Apologies for asking a question that probably has an obvious answer, but is not clear to me at least. Have a short trip coming up on NCL Sky and want to go to a couple of the specialty restaurants. When I log-in, I see I have the option to purchase a specialty dining package. But I also was able to, for no cost, make actual reservations at the specialty restaurants. Wondering if I need to purchase the package prior to dining at these spots or if I can truly just pay a la carte where I reserved. Does the package somehow provide different/better pricing or what am I missing? Any reason to book the package ahead of time or can I really just show up to my reservations? Thanks in advance.

Apologies for asking a question that probably has an obvious answer, but is not clear to me at least. Have a short trip coming up on NCL Sky and want to go to a couple of the specialty restaurants. When I log-in, I see I have the option to purchase a specialty dining package. But I also was able to, for no cost, make actual reservations at the specialty restaurants. Wondering if I need to purchase the package prior to dining at these spots or if I can truly just pay a la carte where I reserved. Does the package somehow provide different/better pricing or what am I missing? Any reason to book the package ahead of time or can I really just show up to my reservations? Thanks in advance.

You can make reservations without purchasing a package and then pay a la carte at the restaurant. Depending on how much you plan to eat a la carte at each restaurant determines whether or not the dining package is beneficial for you. It also varies from restaurant to restaurant.

You don’t need to have a package to dine at the speciality restaurants. You can just pay per meal.

The advantage of the package is that it will work out cheaper (unless you eat very little). We usually find that the 3 meal package is about the same as paying for 2 meals a la carte.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk