Vegi/fruit smoothies? Bring a small blender? It’s that important.

dcsam

My husband and I make morning smoothies. With vegis, fruit and added fiber and protein. On our last cruise, there was no problem having them made for us. But that was a different line. Are they available on HAL? Or should I bring a small, portable blender and make them up in our cabin? I know... sounds extreme. But it’s that important.

Thanks!

My husband and I make morning smoothies. With vegis, fruit and added fiber and protein. On our last cruise, there was no problem having them made for us. But that was a different line. Are they available on HAL? Or should I bring a small, portable blender and make them up in our cabin? I know... sounds extreme. But it’s that important.

Thanks!

Smoothies are available on the room service menu for an extra charge but I believe they are mainly fruit, not vegetables. Fiber of course you can add on your own. Would you pick up the fresh vegetables at the salad bar or expect to bring them on board yourself? There is a problem with informally purchased food products and possible insect infestations they might also bring onboard - so not sure about that.

If people can bring their own hair appliances, shavers, CPAP devices, and electronic plug in devices, I don't see why you can't bring your own small blender - since this is not a heating appliance like a tea kettle or iron and you insure you unplug it when not in use.

However, expanding the surcharge smoothie menu is a good suggestion - maybe you can get your special request done on board when you order one from room service. HAL does try to accommodate special requests - have you contacted their special dietary request department?

Pretty sure you can get smoothies at the pool bar, when it's open (hours can vary, but they will be open at breakfast time). They make them with fruit and yogurt, so you'd have to add your own protein/fiber.

Edited to add that they have blenders there, so maybe you can ask them if they can throw in your extras when they make the smoothies.

Edited by Old As Dirt Mom

On one cruiseline, I would bring back vegis and fruit in the evening, and keep them in our fridge. The next morning, the smoothy bar would make my special concoctions and add my ingredients. If there’s a fridge in our cabin (outside. Amsterdam), it would probably be easiest to do them up in our room.

On one cruiseline, I would bring back vegis and fruit in the evening, and keep them in our fridge. The next morning, the smoothy bar would make my special concoctions and add my ingredients. If there’s a fridge in our cabin (outside. Amsterdam), it would probably be easiest to do them up in our room.

Ocean view cabins on Amsterdam don't have the mini-fridge, which is more like a cooler, really (I'm talking about the smaller, older R-class Amsterdam, not the bigger, newer Signature class Nieuw Amsterdam. I make that clarification because sometimes people confuse the two ships). You can call Ship's Services to rent a fridge; I believe the rate is $2.00 per day. 1 800 541 1576

Room service offers this in the morning with breakfast...

"Kickstart" fresh fruit smoothie with vanilla Greek yogurt, honey, banana, pineapple, berries, peaches

It's $5 for most, no charge for suite guests.

And during the day, these drinks are frozen/blended- $5 each

Banana Blast: banana and piña colada

Non alcoholic strawberry “daiquiri”

Pineapple Passion: sweet coconut milk and pineapple juice

Thanks!