Guarantee room- when do they get assigned?

We booked 2 guarantee ocean view rooms on vision for September this year. The only reason I booked guaranteed rooms was that was the only option that they had for ocean view or above.

It looks like all the ocean view rooms are sold out.

So based on this will we be assigned a cabin when they get ocean view cancellations or will we have to wait until closer to the cruise to find out our allocation?

We booked 2 guarantee ocean view rooms on vision for September this year. The only reason I booked guaranteed rooms was that was the only option that they had for ocean view or above.

So based on this will we be assigned a cabin when they get ocean view cancellations or will we have to wait until closer to the cruise to find out our allocation?

Sis sails RCCL a lot, books guarantees, a lot, has had allocations days after booking to day of sailing. (Our experience on Princess was the same).

It may appear that the OV staterooms are sold out, but that is probably what you will get. They may have some that don't show up in the inventory or upgrade people out of OV staterooms, or take back group space from travel agents, etc.

Thank you for your replies. The main thing we were worried about was a call from Royal 2 days prior to sailing stating the ship was full & we would not be traveling.

Sent from my iPad using Forums