Question about kids' programs for recent Grand cruisers

crazy4themouse

We were on the Diamond this summer in Alaska. I just checked with my daughter and she said they dissected a squid. I thought I remembered them doing it but checked just to make sure. They both thought it was cool. Overall, they had a great time in the kid's program.

Ever since my little boy (9) read a year ago about getting to dissect a squid on the Grand, he has been soooo excited about it. Do they still do this (and other science programs) in the kids' club on the Grand?

Thanks!

-gina-

Hi, Gina. It was last March, but I doubt that it's changed much. Our then eleven year old grandson loved the kid's program. During Spring Break there were more than enough kids to interact with. The Kids Clubs were, of course, broken up in age groups and had lots of activities, including a chess tournament that was organized into age groups. I don't recall squid dissections, but I'll ask Philip about that today. He also enjoys physical activities and nearly lived in the pool(s) and on the paddle ball court. The putt-putt golf was also popular.

There'll be a registration meeting on embarkation day where you can get a copy of the schedules.

Thanks for the replies! As far as the squid goes, it won't ruin his trip if they don't do that. I just personally wanted to make sure they still have the partnership with the California Science Center, and that it isn't just lip service.

My son has been lamenting the lack of a water slide at the pool (spoiled by Disney again) but the size of the arcade has his eyes boggling. The kids programs sound great, and he was excited to read through the kids programming schedule someone had scanned in at one time.

The only thing that doesn't sound so good is after 10pm. I'm sure not paying $5/hour so he can lie around watching a movie -- he'll hate that anyway. He can lock himself in the stateroom and watch tv for free -- that's what two-way radios are for.

Thanks again for the comments!

-gina-

Archived