Need help for Yukon train ride - confused

juantu

On Celebrity these tours I believe are offered. Can't tell the difference.

SK-88 - bus up, train back to town.

SK-01 - is it the train both ways. Believe it goes 20 miles up on train.

How far up does SK-88 go up?

Is SK-01 on a train both ways?

Thank you for your help.

This isn't really a Skagway question, it's a Celebrity-specific question. If their tours do not explain in Plain English where you go/what you do, you'll get the best chance of an answer on the Celebrity board where everyone posting should be past Celebrity cruisers!

You can also cross-reference the text of the tour descriptions with the actual railway company website - since they pull ALL the trains, and routes are very limited in terms of choice (one line, so basically just where you get off or for Summit trains, where you stop and come back from, is the only difference on the train part...)

I wouldn’t do any of the ones you listed. I would take a look at this excursion https://www.shoreexcursionsgroup.com/tour/deluxe-yukon-sightseeing-tour/AKSGSEATDLXYK It goes all the way up to Emerald lake, a included BBQ'd chicken lunch stop at Caribou crossing trading post, it’s nice but very touristy. It also stops in the little town of Carcross. We’ve been on the train many times, it’s OK, I got a little bored. The driver of the van or bus gives you a nice commentary.

We did the bus up and train back on Princess and I would recommend this as you see a different side of the mountains and scenery this way. Beautiful! I think it was 1-1/2 hours up and then back again.