Celebrity status match

Is it worth waiting until reaching diamond before requesting a status match with Celebrity? Haven’t cruised with C yet, but eyeing Europe. The increased balcony discount and diamond drinks are the main things I’m interested in, need 3 more points. Looked at C benefits and there doesn’t seem to be anything comparable. Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you visited the Captain's Club site and the C&A site and made a comparison. What is important to you may not be important to others. We started with Celebrity and think for the most part their perks are better for us. Print the two perk pages and make a comparison based on what your needs are. CC perks for us outweigh the balcony discount, maybe not for you. Only you can decide. Happy Sails to You

I waited until hitting Diamond before cruising Celebrity. I think it was worth it, however Celebrity does not offer a balcony discount. Celebrity Elite benefits include nightly cocktail party (similar to Diamond lounge), 90 minutes of free internet, free laundry and some more but those are the ones I remember using.

Is it worth waiting until reaching diamond before requesting a status match with Celebrity? Haven’t cruised with C yet, but eyeing Europe. The increased balcony discount and diamond drinks are the main things I’m interested in, need 3 more points. Looked at C benefits and there doesn’t seem to be anything comparable. Am I missing something?

If you are Diamond on Royal, you will get matched to Elite on Celebrity. Celebrity doesn't have the balcony discount that Royal does. On Celebrity, you get a 1 category upgrade only on certain categories, and most times this only amounts to a saving of $20pp. Additionally, Royal evening happy hour is 3 1/2 hours long and they load 3 drinks on your seapass, whereas Celebrity is normally a 5-7pm happy hour in a designated spot, usually the Sky Lounge.

So, if you are interested in the balcony discount & diamond drinks, stick with Royal Caribbean.

Doesn't matter when you request the status match. Once you request it, your Celebrity and Royal loyalty accounts will be linked, and whenever you reach Diamond on Royal, you will automatically be Elite on Celebrity.

Doesn't matter when you request the status match. Once you request it, your Celebrity and Royal loyalty accounts will be linked, and whenever you reach Diamond on Royal, you will automatically be Elite on Celebrity.

After you linked your accounts, does that mean you will then earn points simultaneously in each account?

After you linked your accounts' date=' does that mean you will then earn points simultaneously in each account?[/quote']

No, points are separate. You only earn Celebrity points on a Celebrity cruise and only earn Royal points on a Royal Cruise.

After you linked your accounts' date=' does that mean you will then earn points simultaneously in each account?[/quote']

If you cruise on Royal you get points on Royal. If you cruise on Celebrity you get points on Celebrity. The points are not merged. 2 totally separate programs.