Jewel Transatlantic Oct 06, What's Up??

izzyvet

No cabins available for the Oct Transatlantic on the Jewel. Travel agent says that NCL had closed the bookings due to unknown reasons. I suspect that the ship had been bought out by some giant group, but I really want to go on this cruise!! Anyone out there already booked on this? Any way of finding out if it is completely hopeless or should I keep calling NCL?:confused:

We're on this cruise. Suspect it sold out simply because it was underpriced. It has seven great western Med/Atlantic ports, seven sea days and started out at about $999 inside, $1400 balcony on the online travel sites. By the time it closed, insides were going for more than $1300...still a good deal for a longer cruise on a new ship with such good ports.

We snapped it up and I'd guess a lot of other people did, too...not necessarily one large group.

In our opinion NCL is brilliant to start adding more ports to transatlantics (other '06 crossings seem to have more stops as well). We all love sea days, but this is a way to attract port lovers to the transatlantic market.

If you can travel on pretty short notice, you can try to book as soon as final payments are due, when some people will undoubtedly drop out. Good luck! Hope you make it!

Archived