Another Cheers question

mekia2001

I'm sorry to have to do this but I have a Cheers question.

My family (DH, DD and DD) are cruising together in October. This is the kids first cruise and our first cruise since the Cheers program was started. We had to book one adult in a room with each kid but we want to rearrange that once we board.

If I purchase the drink package and then switch rooms will my husband have to purchase it too.

I searched and read a thread from 2016 but it got off topic and I got confused. I know we can unofficially switch cabins but our TA said we can officially switch once on board top . We are on the fence about the drink package since we're cruising as a family but I still want to buy drinks without worrying about my bar tab and the specialty drinks(milkshakes and soda) are a plus as well. If I were to get the drink package we wouldn't share it. He won't have a problem paying for his one or two drinks.

Any suggestions or tips? It's fine if we can't do it.

What will happen on board is that you will get an extra key card to each room. So yourself or hubby & 1 DD will have the regular S&S for charges & getting on/off the ship & a second card for the room only. The actual arrangement for who booked where will not change, so no, he will not have to purchase too.

This is a nice loophole to get around Carnival's "We don't trust you not to share" attitude. It would be great to pass this loophole on to all passengers, not just families with kids.

If they did that, I would not have to smuggle!

This is a nice loophole to get around Carnival's "We don't trust you not to share" attitude. It would be great to pass this loophole on to all passengers, not just families with kids.

If they did that, I would not have to smuggle!

This only works if you have 2 rooms booked