Back-To-Back Cruises

My husband and I are traveling on Freedom of the Seas on July 7th. We are considering doing a back-to-back, but it would be very last minute. Has anyone ever extended their vacation adding a second week while on board. Or is there not enough time? I guess I have two questions. Is there a deadline to book last minute? And if you are allowed to book on board would the rooms be discounted? Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Barbara

My husband and I are traveling on Freedom of the Seas on July 7th. We are considering doing a back-to-back, but it would be very last minute. Has anyone ever extended their vacation adding a second week while on board. Or is there not enough time? I guess I have two questions. Is there a deadline to book last minute? And if you are allowed to book on board would the rooms be discounted? Thanks in advance for any and all input.

Barbara

I have not done it but the chances of them having an empty cabin only a week out during peak season is highly unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

I have not done it but the chances of them having an empty cabin only a week out during peak season is highly unlikely.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Agree, Royal ships sail at average 104% capacity. Also price might be high for open cabin if they have one but can't hurt to ask...

Barbara

It is occasionally possible. You would need to ask by the 4th day. (maybe the 5th?)

If they really want to fill that cabin, they may make you a good offer.

This situation is unusual enough that there's not much data to judge it by.

You can just try it and let us know how it goes. Just don't count on it. :)

(an example in which it is more likely to work: Bad weather with a good chance of people not showing up for their cruise)