FLL - 3* or above/Downtown or Beach Zone

Ernie G

We are needing 2 pre-cruise rooms for March 9th & 10th. Have used Priceline in the past, but am a little afraid from these Boards that the rates have gone up drastically. Anyone else been successful in getting a 3* or above for less than $120? We've never bid on rooms for March in FLL. Just wondering. Any info is appreciated.

Try Ft. Lauderdale Beach Area only and when you get to the Level section, pick Resort Only......Only one Hotel that I am aware of in that area you can get, so if they are accepting bids and your bid is high enough you will get that hotel.

Harbor Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, it's a really nice resort right on the beach.

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage.mi?marshaCode=FLLSB

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

Ernie,

I was working on 2 night pre cruise for the week before you. No luck on 3-4 star or resort on price line for the past month now. I previously secured the Reanissance for 67 in September, but it's not working now. LOL I think we will just go with Extended Stay America.

Enjoy

I got the Holiday Inn on the FLL beach on March 11th (Sat Night) for $115. I think you could probably get it a little cheaper on a non-Saturday night. If you are interested in trying for it, I'd start down in the 70's or 80's and use the free re-bids to work your way up.

Just be aware that the Holiday Inn on Fort Lauderdale Beach is considerably farther north than most like to stay and if you don't have a car you'll spend quite a bit more on cab fare than you will if you stay along SE 17th Street.

You'll probably be much better off going with Extended Stay America or Holiday Inn Express "Convention Center" directly as those are not only a whole lot newer and nicer, but much much closer to everything.

TobysFriend.

We stayed at the Holiday Inn On the Beach in Dec via priceline bid of $50.00 and we weren't expecting much. This hotel wasn't bad for the price. Ask for an upgraded room at check in. Our room was redecorated except for the windows which you could tell were quite old. I am very picky about cleanliness and odors and our room was very clean and oderless.

The beach is across the street and my husband and 2 DD's used the beach in the morning. My husband and I walked up Sunrise Blvd. to a nice mall about 1/4 mile or so in the morning to pick up a few forgotten items.

The cab fare wasn't too bad either, I think it came to under $20.00 to the port. Supposed to be about $20.00 to the hotel except for a problem we had. Be careful of cabs in FLL. Our cab driver from the Airport to the hotel tried to pull a fast one and started to take us to the Holiday Inn in Sunrise. When I noticed the meter at $30.00 I looked at a map I received from an info booth at the Airport where a nice lady had showed me exactly where our hotel was on the map and noticed we were heading in the opposite direction of our hotel. I asked the driver and he said he thought we were going to Sunrise. I knew ahead of time to be careful of FLL cab drivers and purposely used the desiginated taxi area and the coordinator there actually called the cab for us and told us how much the fare would be inadvance. We also instructed the driver that we were going to the Holiday Inn on Sunrise Blvd. He just said we had to pay the meter which was now at $60.00! We called his supervisor and she told us to pay the meter and then file a complaint. My Husband did not think we should have to pay and then wait to be reinbursed. So she told the driver to call the police if we did not pay the full amount and my husband was fine with that. The driver then told us we did not owe him anything and he just took off as fast as he could get away. I guess he was afraid of the police actually showing up or something. Wonder why? The consierge inside the hotel then informed us that these cab drivers are notorious for this kind of behavior. Make sure you hand them in writing the exact address of where you are going.

There is a bus that stops right in front of the hotel that we actually used for the fun of it to take us home from dinner that night. We taxied over to restaurant that the hotel recommended for about $12.00 and just took the bus back for $1.00 pp and it stopped right in front of our hotel.

Archived