Adding person to cabin after Cheers purchased

So, my husband and I are booked on a Journeys cruise January 2020. We haven’t yet, but most likely will buy Cheers. If we buy it now, and say add his mother to our room in a few months, would it prompt her to purchase it to? Or is it one of those magical loopholes where she wouldn’t also have to purchase it. She not a big drinker so its not worth the money for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

But does it prompt her to? Just add it to the total? How does it know? Or I am guessing when we call our PVP would see it.

I am guessing the only check would be when the agent adds the person to the reservation. So, you currently have two people in a cabin which can accommodate three? If so you are lucky they have not moved you, but you can add the third person. If the cabin only holds two, you would need to move to a different cabin.

If the agent modifying the booking to add the third person does not say anything, it's possible you have found a new loophole. Try it and let us know. Worst that can happen is that the third person eats the expense of Cheers even though they don't want it, or the other two cancel Cheers and pay a la carte.

I am guessing the only check would be when the agent adds the person to the reservation.

If it weren't caught during the reservation update, I wouldn't be surprised if there were also a flag in the computer when they go to get their stickers on board. But I haven't ever been in this situation, so I can't say for sure.

Curious about your results and I have always wondered about how it actually works when adding a person.

On the other hand, if you were to book her, and she doesn't want the booze portion of Cheers, is it worth it to your husband and you to say split the costs with her. Say she gets soda, virgin drinks, specialty coffee, and other non-alcoholic perks of cheers. Would it be worth it to her to pay like $15 a day, and then you and hubby split the difference? Or even $25 a day if she gets wine with dinner and the other perks? The numbers are arbitrary, but you get the idea :)