going to Playa Del Carmen via ferry

hlsess

when the ships are docked in Cozumel, do many people head over to playa del carmen for the day.I was on Conquest in August and we went to Paradise Beach-never even thought to go to PDC> We have a land trip planned to PDC in March and planned to do an excursion to Xelha and there are lots of ships in Cozumel the day we plan to go(only 2 in Calica). Don't most people stay in Cozumel rather than dealing with ferrying over and back for the day

In 2001 we, my hubby and two friends took the ferry to PDC and a tour we booked though the internet. We had a great time riding through the jungle on ATV's and swimming in a cenote. I think we paid 70 dollars a couple plus 5 dollars for a taxi each way from PDC to the tour place. Also paid for the ferry but can't remember what the cost was.

I would caution anyone to remember to take any sea sickness meds with you. I have never been troubled with it until the ferry ride. We were inside an enclosed boat and it was rough and very, very hot. I got very queasy the last 5 to 10 mins of the ride. My girlfriend, a pharamcist, was sick within just a few minutes. She was the one who brought the sea sick meds and left them on the ship. After all, she said, who thinks of bringing them when you get OFF the ship?

We found a pharmacy in PDC and she bought 4 pills, we took two right away and after our tour, had a meal at Senor Frogs and shopped in PDC before we took the other two pills and caught a ferry back. That time we took a double decker. Nice and cool and breezy and no motion sickness on the top outside.

I would recommend trying to catch a double decker both ways. It was fun and not so hot.

Good luck on your trip.

Julie

Archived