Beach Beds in Coco Cay/New RC website

Do they still have the beach beds at CocoCay? (I'm also going to talk about the website, so I'm hoping this thread will stay here and not be banished to the private islands forum where it won't be seen. ;))

In 2016 and 2017, we got the beach beds at Coco Cay and loved the day.

bed2.jpg

Today I logged into that chameleon website that Royal is currently making changes to every half hour it seems. I've seen some of the same problems as most of you. My status and cruise history is ok. My current reservations are there. When I clicked on my upcoming Enchantment reservation, it had recommendations for excursions in Cozumel and Key West. Last night when I click on cruise planner it had a bunch of excursions and ones for places we aren't going. Today I logged in and they have screwed up the label where CRUISE PLANNER was with some extraneous code, but I guessed it was the cruise planner and I was right! Same issue, but I did find Beach Bungalows, which are more expensive and Beachfront Cabanas, and Beach lounger for 2, which is 2 small chairs and a shade device. Are the wonderful Beach Bed's gone?

beachbed.jpg

For our upcoming enchantment cruise, the beach beds were not an option until recently about 60 days from sailing. I had even called prior to that and RCCL said they didn’t see it as an option for our ship.

For our upcoming enchantment cruise, the beach beds were not an option until recently about 60 days from sailing. I had even called prior to that and RCCL said they didn’t see it as an option for our ship.

Interesting, thanks for that update. I'll wait to about 60 days. This is just another reason I am many people are switching to private excursions where they can. In 2017 I wanted to dive in Bonaire, and Royal didn't offer anything till about 45 days out.

Are the photos in your post representative of what you are asking about? If so, those are the Bungalows, not Beach Beds. I am also going to Cocoa Cay on Enchantment in December (10th), and in my Cruise Planner, under Excursions, it shows photos of the Cabanas, but it says Bungalows. They are slightly cheaper than the Cabanas. I have actually reserved one.

Are the photos in your post representative of what you are asking about? If so, those are the Bungalows, not Beach Beds. I am also going to Cocoa Cay on Enchantment in December (10th), and in my Cruise Planner, under Excursions, it shows photos of the Cabanas, but it says Bungalows. They are slightly cheaper than the Cabanas. I have actually reserved one.

I don't think so, at least by what I see on the site now and then. In both 2016 and 2017 they were called beach beds and separate from the bungalows and cheaper, the Bungalows show a couch, at least on the website I looked at.

bungalow.jpg

These were about $130 more and for 4-5 hours that is significant.

Also from Royal's site

bung2.jpg

These are quite different from the Beach Beds.

bedagain.jpg

Oh, ok. I see the difference now. I remember seeing those before, but I don't remember seeing them when I was there earlier this year. All I saw were the Cabanas, Bungalows, and the loungers with the caps/shells over part of them.

Oh, ok. I see the difference now. I remember seeing those before, but I don't remember seeing them when I was there earlier this year. All I saw were the Cabanas, Bungalows, and the loungers with the caps/shells over part of them.

Well, assuming they are in the same area , southbeach, maybe they got rid of them. There were 13 of them, but it wouldn't be that hard to move.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it does look like the beach beds have been replaced by the beach bungalows at slightly higher price. But they don't mention anything about the lunch that you could order there for delivery. I wonder if they do a lunch in the "suite section" of Labadee?