Triumph Balconies-Experts I need help!

Cowie

Hi All,

I'm new here..thinking about booking a cruise on the Triumph for 2/25 departure.

I can choose a class of cabin called "Balcony guaranteed" ..do you know if any of the balconies on the Triumph are obstructed? What do you think this will net me? Any chance to go up a cabin class or so?

Thanks so much for any replies..this board is really full of a lot of info!

Cowie

yes you can get a balcony guarentee.... I think it's BL on bookings. There are a few obstructed views. if you goto the carnival website and try to book a balcony on each floor, it will tell you which ones are obstructed. With the guarentee, you know you just might get those. If you shop around on the internet, several companies have free upgrades, where you can go from a BL to choosing a room for free, or pick the higest OV (oceanview cabin) and be upgraded to a BL for free. It takes us at least 2 weeks to shop around and pick a ship and cabin.

Are you a carnival past guest? we always pick free cabin upgrades with our past guest ##.

Hubby and I cruised the Elation on our honeymoon and Carnival booked us an obstructed balcony cabin without our knowledge. Apparently, quite a few Elation cabins are obstructed. I was FURIOUS! So, when I was booking our February 05 cruise aboard the Triumph, the Carnival PVP ASSURED us that none of the balcony cabins on that ship were obstructed. Because Triumph is a newer ship, they learned from past ship designs (such as the Elation) that it would be better to strategically placed the lifeboats down lower than the balcony cabins. Sure enough, the PVP was right. None of the balcony cabins were obstructed!

Happy sailing!

On the Upper Deck of the Triumph the first balcony on each side is slightly obstructed. If you go to the Carnival website and look at the deck plans it will tell you exactly which balconies on the ship are obstructed. We were in 6210 and it was great!

Book the category that you will be comfortable with.. in case you dont get upgraded.

Booking a balcony guarantee can place you anywhere at all on the ship in a balcony cabin (you will not get an oceanview or an inside cabin.

You can be placed under a gally or some other public area.

By reading these boards you would come to think that people ALWAYS get upgrades and there is no rythm or reason to who gets what. (i have not got one upgrade in the 4 I booked as guarantees.) I also book my cabins over a year out so we get cheaper prices.

Booking a cruise for 2/25/2006 im sure your choices are now limited. Most cabins were already upgraded. Booking this cruise you will need ALL the monies as final payment has already come and gone. Triumph does not have obstructed balconies.

Archived