Transportation From Airport to Harmony

There will be 8 of us arriving in Fort Lauderdale in August to take the Harmony. Where can we get transportation for all 8 of us and about what will it cost. Thank you for any input!:)

Two minivan taxis would cost around $15 each.

Uber or lyft are your best bets. Friends don't let friends use taxis!:cool:

Sometimes with a large group and luggage at FLL to PE it will be easier for the OP to just use two of the taxi-vans that will be there waiting....instead of trying to save a couple of $'s....no big deal.

Uber or lyft are your best bets. Friends don't let friends use taxis!:cool:

Not sure if this is correct but my TA said Uber and Lyft aren't allowed to pick up at FLL anymore, however, they can drop off.....Again, not sure just passing along the info.

Not sure when they stopped allowing them to pick up. Just know that my TA told me or I would not have known until I tried to call for pickup. Glad she told me, looks like others here are confirming that you can't use Uber or Lyft for pickup.....

Not sure when they stopped allowing them to pick up. Just know that my TA told me or I would not have known until I tried to call for pickup. Glad she told me, looks like others here are confirming that you can't use Uber or Lyft for pickup.....

That stinks. I guess that extra $5 for the ride each way isn't that bad, but that $5 could be better spent elsewhere. Not a deal breaker, and taxis are easier to get.

I guess I was wrong, because a quick google brought this up: https://www.uber.com/drive/miami/airports/ft-lauderdale-international/, but it doesn't look like it is easy for the drivers. And this story says drivers are "cherry picking" who to pick up https://www.local10.com/news/uber-drivers-cherry-pick-rides-at-fort-lauderdale-airport-passengers-say-

• 1 month later...

I took a Lyft from FLL airport just this month, no issues. Your TA is incorrect. Never waste your money on a taxi! For this situation, I would order 1 Lyft (3 pax plus bags) and 1 Lyft XL (formerly called Lyft Plus, for 5 pax and bags). Should be about HALF the total price of 2 dirty cabs!

I took a Lyft from FLL airport just this month, no issues. Your TA is incorrect. Never waste your money on a taxi! For this situation, I would order 1 Lyft (3 pax plus bags) and 1 Lyft XL (formerly called Lyft Plus, for 5 pax and bags). Should be about HALF the total price of 2 dirty cabs!

Yes! I want to act "totally shocked" that a TA would have bad information, but that is basically what many of them specialize in!