On line check in

lele100

I tried going in to my reservation and wanted to choose a check in time, not sure what has changed but the check in area is not available till august 19, does that mean I have to wait till august 19 to choose a time? my cruise is Nov 17

I tried going in to my reservation and wanted to choose a check in time, not sure what has changed but the check in area is not available till august 19, does that mean I have to wait till august 19 to choose a time? my cruise is Nov 17

Yes it's now 90 days prior.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, about 90 days out from your sail date now.

There were multiple threads here about this change when Carnival made the change.

Can you point me to one of those multiple threads please.

I did a search and I saw one response from someone that said it would be available 90 days prior to the person's cruise date, and I saw another answer that stated it would be available 6 months prior.

I'm assuming that one of those answers is incorrect. :(

I'm more interested in the rationale for the change.

I did a search and I saw one response from someone that said it would be available 90 days prior to the person's cruise date, and I saw another answer that stated it would be available 6 months prior.

I'm assuming that one of those answers is incorrect. :(

I'm more interested in the rationale for the change.

Here's one of those earlier threads (there's at least one more but I didn't take the time to search for it):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2632782

As to rationale for making this change, there's lots of opinion but no explanations from Carnival (at least, none that I've seen).

Why would I mislead you about this ?? (as if you don't believe me)

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2639190

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2635699

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2628129

That's enough - I made my point

Believe it or not, you can answer almost every question one could have by using the search function or by browsing the threads (every question has been asked & answered multiple times) - of course there are some notorious thread starters here would would rather just make a new thread for every idea that pops into their head

Edited by lizardhowson

Here's one of those earlier threads (there's at least one more but I didn't take the time to search for it):

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2632782

As to rationale for making this change, there's lots of opinion but no explanations from Carnival (at least, none that I've seen).

Thanks for the info-much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Who said anything about misleading anyone?

And I did try to search and I came up with the two different answers.

Thanks for the snarky reply.

A lot of things can affect search results. For example, the search terms you use or whether or not you're searching just thread titles or entire posts. At least you tried. The thing about it is, if someone does a search for a question that's already been answered and they resurrect an old thread, there's people who will complain about them bringing an old thread to the top. On the other hand, if someone creates a new thread to ask a question that's already been answered, there's people who will complain about how they should've searched for it. Basically, it's a lose, lose situation because somebody's going to complain no matter what. Oftentimes, it's just easier to create a new thread, so I get it. One thing that does annoy me is when people don't bother reading an entire thread and ask a question that was answered a page or two back.

No one is forced to click on a thread. Unfortunately, too many here would rather post something rude than simply skip over the thread. That really is the bane of cruise critic.

A lot of things can affect search results. For example, the search terms you use or whether or not you're searching just thread titles or entire posts. At least you tried. The thing about it is, if someone does a search for a question that's already been answered and they resurrect an old thread, there's people who will complain about them bringing an old thread to the top. On the other hand, if someone creates a new thread to ask a question that's already been answered, there's people who will complain about how they should've searched for it. Basically, it's a lose, lose situation because somebody's going to complain no matter what. Oftentimes, it's just easier to create a new thread, so I get it. One thing that does annoy me is when people don't bother reading an entire thread and ask a question that was answered a page or two back.

No one is forced to click on a thread. Unfortunately, too many here would rather post something rude than simply skip over the thread. That really is the bane of cruise critic.

Very good points. I did try to do a search in the Carnival section. Thanks for your note!

Now with the help I’ve received, I see the progression of the change.

Thanks for the help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree with everything you said plus the fact that I joined this board eighteen years ago. Does everything I've posted in those eighteen years still hold true today? Probably not. Things change constantly. If I ask a question, I want an up to date answer, not something that's eighteen years old and no longer exists.