Transport Question

*I HAVE already posted this on East Coast Departures but that board is not very active.

We are flying in two days before our cruise. I have already reserved a car to take us from the hotel to the port, but I am trying to decide what is best for LGA to our hotel in Times Square. One of my traveling companions thinks we can just wing it and find a ride once we arrive. 5 people, 5 bags. I found a car service that will take us for less than $85. This seems like a great price. Am I wrong to want to do this? If it matters, we will arrive at LGA about 5:30 on 5/24. Thanks

Though the minivan taxis can easily accommodate 5 adults many have very little room in the hatch area for luggage. The cab flat rate fare is $52 plus tolls to anywhere in Manhattan. Also depending on the busyness of your terminal and the chaos of the construction going on, combined can make for very long lines at the taxi stand.

Go with the car service. You are arriving during rush hour in NYC. LGA is under construction and this will be best. Make sure to set up car service from your hotel to the pier also.

We have the hotel to pier covered. I think I will just call the same service for LGA to hotel. Thanks all!

Go with the car service; it's not that much more than a cab in the grand scheme of things. I'm flying to LGA in June with my 3 kids (not for a cruise) and we'll need to get to our hotel in midtown from the airport. With 4 people we could probably use a minivan cab, but I'm planning on booking Dial 7 car service. It will be nice to know our ride will be waiting, our driver will speak English, and our ride will be clean and comfortable, and as its my kids' first visit to NYC (ages 14, 19 and 24) the car service will be a bit of a treat for them to start the trip off right.