Summit veranda cabin

Laurab23

We usually book Aqua or CC but trying to save some money next year.

What do you think is the best veranda cabin on Summit? Deck 6 or higher. And why do you like it?

Laura

The "Sweet 16" are the best and largest, in my opinion. Of course, if you can get a Family Verandah, those are even bigger and better.

A second vote for the sweet 16.

We have had cabin 6030 on our last three trips. Great cabin with a huge balcony. I was concerned about being at the front of the ship do to movement but we were extremely lucky and the Seas were very calm.

Accept the gift that M-class ships give you--take a sweet 16. Let everyone else fight over reserving deck chairs with towels while you relax on your own deck chairs on your private balcony.

If the slight bit of extra motion will cause you problems, then go aft. If the few dozen extra steps to the buffet will cause you problems, then go aft. If the extra flight of stairs is a problem, go up to deck 7. But for the majority of us, those things are minute compared to the benefits of having a balcony where you can stretch out without falling overboard.

Yes the sweet 16 are your best veranda cabins on M class ships. Deck plans do not show the double deep verandas but trust us they are there. The verandas are twice as deep as standard.

Been in 6028 and will have it again in January. I guess Fedexretiree (above) keeps beating us to 6030. Suggest you book on the starboard (even) side as smoking is on the port side one deck below. IMHO the aft 4 6024,26,28,& 6030 are better than the 4 forward of them because of the ship structure pillars.

IMHO the aft 4 6024,26,28,& 6030 are better than the 4 forward of them because of the ship structure pillars.

It all depends on what you are looking for. The aft five on each side have more openness. The forward three on each side have the pillars which give additional privacy. I personally prefer the privacy, but respect the other opinion too.

Yes the sweet 16 are your best veranda cabins on M class ships. Deck plans do not show the double deep verandas but trust us they are there. The verandas are twice as deep as standard.

Been in 6028 and will have it again in January. I guess Fedexretiree (above) keeps beating us to 6030. Suggest you book on the starboard (even) side as smoking is on the port side one deck below. IMHO the aft 4 6024,26,28,& 6030 are better than the 4 forward of them because of the ship structure pillars.

Sorry PelicanLvr....are you on the Jan 17 trip 12 nights? That is the cruise that we are taking. We love that cabin because you can look to the aft of the ship with no obstruction at all. We booked it over a year ago.

I tried to upload a picture of the side view of the Sweet 15 cabins hope you can view it.

568841014_sweet16balconycabins.jpg.d1d9d95d6812cd5a3da6938ec72b894e.jpg

Edited by fedexretiree
picture

We have been on deck 7 midship in the same cabin for the past 3 cruises to Bermuda and when we sail in June we have the cabin next to that since the one we always have was booked.

What cabin is that?

Laura