May 19-June, 2 Weeks on 'VISTA', daily review

AmBear

We awaken at 6:15, and are out our cabin door at 6:45 headed for the mdr for priority disembarkation.

Seems everyone, diamonds/platinums/faster to the fun/and everyone with their luggage showed up, cause we arrived 15 minutes before required, and it was already standing room only!

So much for priority!-)

Everyone starts leaving at 7:15, we're off the ship, through the awful Miami border control, which wasn't so awful this time, and on the street waiting for our shuttle in 20 minutes.

Our shuttle driver arrived in 5 minutes, picked us up, then another couple from the MSC Seaside, and off we go.

We're in our car driving home to the Tampa area in a total time of 35 minutes, around 7:50am!-))

So even with the priority mess up in the mdr., we felt lucky to get away that quickly.

We stopped for a Publix sub on the way home, half for breakfast, half for dinner. I highly recommend the double meat Roast Beef toasted, YUMMY! My wife had a salami, and I knew by how quiet she was while eating, she was enjoying it.

Arriving home, we're very tired, 14 days cruising on this trip, we need to spend a little time relaxing at home, finally unpack from all our recent cruising(listed below), and collect our thoughts on the last 6 months cruising Carnival.

Vista May 19-June 2 (2 weeks)

Conquest April 28-May 5 (1 week)

Glory April 7-April 28 (3 weeks)

Miracle Feb 24-March 3 (1 week)

Conquest Jan 14-Jan 28 (2 week)

Magic Dec 9-Dec 23 (2 weeks)

etc........

In a few days we'll summarize our thoughts on the Vista, compare her to the Dream class, the Conquest class, and the others...

Happy Cruising!

Edited by AmBear

Wonder how you thought the AC temperature was in the evening. My wife often thinks it's freezing in the showrooms and various lounges. Hot, cold or just right?

BTW, loved your reports! We board next Sunday, so your input was very informative.

love, eat, cruise

Wonder how you thought the AC temperature was in the evening. My wife often thinks it's freezing in the showrooms and various lounges. Hot, cold or just right?

BTW, loved your reports! We board next Sunday, so your input was very informative.

love, eat, cruise

Have a great cruise!:D

We only missed 1 of the singing/dancing shows in the theater, and found the temperature comfortable.

We had some 90 degree plus days to, where outside at night it was 85, and humid.

The only place indoors we felt warm was the elevators.;)

Love the review... great honest play by play...Quick question... we are going on the 8 Day Southern itinerary on the vista in July.... Does anyone have any info on the Dr Suess breakfast and stuff there is to do / Schedule for kids? I haven’t found much so any info would be great! Looking for what to schedule while on the ship, special events, breakfast and kid activities.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Our final thoughts on the Vista,,,,

Food everywhere we tried was 'very good'.

Service for a ship that big, with that many people was 'very good'.

Entertainment in the places we described in our review was 'very good'.

Do you a pattern yet,,,,this is a 'very good' cruise experience.

Are there some small problems that need solving, yes.

But the good far outweighed the small problems!

Would we cruise the Vista again, likely not, at least for now, it's a young person's ship with its size, and appeal to so many younger, new cruisers.