Summit or Equinox? I'm new to Celebrity, please help!

MarLieb

I guess I got to this party a bit late, seeing that you have booked on the summit. We just left it 4 days ago having spent a wonderful week in a corner Family View room. I think it was the best cabin we ever had on any ship including Suites on Regent, Princess, Cunard, and Celebrity. I say this only because it must be less expensive than the RS but without some of the amenities. The ship will be going in for a refurbishment in late January 2019 and although it is clean and in good working order, it is plain to see that it is in need of an update. The staff is great in all areas and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, although I'm not sure what a 10 year old will find to amuse himself, having passed that age some years ago. The one thing that we did find lacking was the food both in taste and in quality of some of the meat and fish being served. A 10 year old will find something satisfactory to eat, his parents might have more difficulty. For that reason I highly recommend Qsine and the Tuscan Grille. Hope you have a wonderful trip

I guess I got to this party a bit late, seeing that you have booked on the summit. We just left it 4 days ago having spent a wonderful week in a corner Family View room. I think it was the best cabin we ever had on any ship including Suites on Regent, Princess, Cunard, and Celebrity. I say this only because it must be less expensive than the RS but without some of the amenities. The ship will be going in for a refurbishment in late January 2019 and although it is clean and in good working order, it is plain to see that it is in need of an update. The staff is great in all areas and I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time, although I'm not sure what a 10 year old will find to amuse himself, having passed that age some years ago. The one thing that we did find lacking was the food both in taste and in quality of some of the meat and fish being served. A 10 year old will find something satisfactory to eat, his parents might have more difficulty. For that reason I highly recommend Qsine and the Tuscan Grille. Hope you have a wonderful trip

Thank you so much for your feedback on the ship and the food! That's very helpful! I researched the RS a little further and I do think it's the right room for us, so I guess we will stick with Luminae and try Tuscan Grille. I don't know if Qsine appeals to me - it's "small" food, right? I'm not a big fan of that style of cuisine. Is the sushi any good? I have been researching our ports and getting some input from my son and, I think with the combination of 1/2 day excursions plus the pool, basketball and some chess (he brings his travel set wherever we go), he will be pretty happy! I had read they have some trivia games on the ship as well, perhaps? If that's the case, we'll probably take part in some of those as he's a big trivia fan. He also likes the nighttime shows on cruises, so hopefully he will enjoy those! I actually asked him if he would rather go to Disney World that week and he picked the cruise, LOL! Thank you, again, for your feedback on the ship!

Your son is wise beyond his years in choosing the cruise. He'll have a ball, I'm sure. Qsine does present a variety of choices but we have found it's easy to over order, as the items are quite generous. We delayed trying it for the same reason you cite, but once we gave it a try, we learned to schedule it once on every cruise. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I've only had the sushi lollypops in Quisine, never tried the restaurant.

Your son is wise beyond his years in choosing the cruise. He'll have a ball, I'm sure. Qsine does present a variety of choices but we have found it's easy to over order, as the items are quite generous. We delayed trying it for the same reason you cite, but once we gave it a try, we learned to schedule it once on every cruise. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. I've only had the sushi lollypops in Quisine, never tried the restaurant.

Oh! I think we will give Qsine a try then. Thank you!