Dillard's Clearance Sale

raytownlady

I stopped in there yesterday. They do have great sales. I was looking for new black evening shoes but they didn't have my size in the 2 pairs I had picked out- darn it! I may stop in this weekend and pick up a couple new ties for DH.

I have all my dresses for my upcoming cruise and one is from Dillards and they do have the best deals- it was 75 percent off when I purchased it.:D

Happy shopping and thanks for the heads up. I believe the Vic Secret big sales starts this week.

At my Dilliards the winter stuff is only slightly marked down. They do have a few things left from last summer that are marked down 75%.

I did find though a silk and angora sweater probally from the fall that was half price.

Now Macey's had some great deals before Christmas- so did Parisan but not Dilliards.

I have found great deals right now to on "social" type dresses...guess w/the Holiday season over they want to move them. Happy shopping!

Your Dillards must not be selling well. They were marked down 25% when I went in Dillards Tuseday (Jan. 3) I checked again after reading this thread thinking maybe my Dilliards was just a little slower. Now there were dresses marked down 50% and 75% but they have been in the store since last summer-not the holiday dresses.

Macy's is having their inventory this or next week and Dillard's is having theirs the third week of January (at least in Idaho). I talked to some that work there and they said that their sales should really be sreally kicking in now so they can move merchandise before the inventory.

I went to Dillard's on Sunday afternoon and didnt find a thing. They had a couple of racks for 75% off but the pickin's were slim to say the least. I went to Jr's to look for dd17 and found two formal dresses that I thought she might like for Prom....I couldnt believe the deal I go on them....They were 139.00 dresses for 34.00....She loved them but they didnt fit just perfect and they are going back....She wants a Jessica McClintock dress for prom....

I went to Dillard's on Sunday afternoon and didnt find a thing. They had a couple of racks for 75% off but the pickin's were slim to say the least. I went to Jr's to look for dd17 and found two formal dresses that I thought she might like for Prom....I couldnt believe the deal I go on them....They were 139.00 dresses for 34.00....She loved them but they didnt fit just perfect and they are going back....She wants a Jessica McClintock dress for prom....

You mentioned my favorite designer from 30 years ago. Remember those Gunne Sax dresses Jessica Mc clintock did- ( I guess that depends on how old you are-if you are under 40- you probally don't remember them) they were sort've victiorian in look and feel-the kind of things I am seeing that seems to be "in" again. I also liked her son's stuff Scott Mc clintock.

I have always like anything victorian in look -in my home decor or in clothing. My mom used to tell me I was born about 75 years too late.

Dillards is a great place for formals. When my youngest was in HS we would go after season and buy formal for the next year dances. She wore a 3, plus she is tall so it was hard to find things that were long enough and when we found something we grabbed it!

For prom we always went to the bridal/formal stores and ordered in something. Jessica M has great styles. My DD (now in college) was in Chicago last year and went to the Jessica M store????? she was in heaven!

Good luck with the prom dress hunt.

Archived