Cabin Recommendation - Crown Princess

potzie2

My wife and I are booked on the Crown Princess repo October 27, 2006. We are booked into a cat BB, currently room C259. Does anyone have any recommendations as to whether we should ask for a different cabin? I know that my TA just chose the first available. With the ship leaving from NYC is there a side of the ship we want to be on for the sail-away? I would think it would be great to go by the Statue of Liberty, and it looks like we have to go by it on our way out.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian,

Your cabin is on the starboard (right) side of the ship, appears to be forward. If you were sailing out of the old NY terminal, I'd say you'd be all set to view the Statue of Liberty from your balcony; however, the Crown Princess leaves from the new Brooklyn cruise terminal, and this may change your vantage point.

Brian' date='

Your cabin is on the starboard (right) side of the ship, appears to be forward. If you were sailing out of the old NY terminal, I'd say you'd be all set to view the Statue of Liberty from your balcony; however, the Crown Princess leaves from the new Brooklyn cruise terminal, and this may change your vantage point.[/quote']

Google Earth has great shots of New York including the Statue of Liberty. I was surprised to see how close Liberty Island is to the Jersey shore.

Everything that sails by the island, on the way to sea, has to sail with the statue to the starboard side (sails south with statue to the west).

Also, Ellis Island is the same, and will be seen before the Statue of Liberty.

If you want a balcony cabin - Caribe is where you want to be. If you can get a BA cabin on Caribe, that would be a little more center but otherwise, your cabin is fine. The BA and BB cabins on Caribe are identical - it is just the BAs are more in the center of the ship.

Archived