Sail & Sign Card : When do I get it?

tran93le

I’ve learned so much about this valuable piece of plastic since I’ve learned that I’m going on my first cruise next month. At what point do I receive that card? I’ve heard stories where some people got it right away at check in, & other people had to wait for it to be delivered to their door. Meaning they would have to check every so often to check it luggage got dropped off & if the card is there yet. What have you guys experienced cruising with Carnival with getting your sail & sign card?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does anyone know how it is set up currently on the Valor? Do we get it at check in or in our mailbox? If you have FTTF, will it be ready in your mailbox (if that is the current method) when you get to your room before the normal 1:30 time?

. Meaning they would have to check every so often to check it luggage got dropped off & if the card is there yet. What have you guys experienced cruising with Carnival with getting your sail & sign card?

You don't have to check often - your cabin will be ready around 1:30 and your S&S card will be there then, if your ship is one that does it this way. You will not be able to go to your cabin before then, unless you are Diamond or Platinum or have purchased FTTF. You just use your boarding pass to purchase drinks before that, no problem.

You don't have to check often - your cabin will be ready around 1:30 and your S&S card will be there then, if your ship is one that does it this way. You will not be able to go to your cabin before then, unless you are Diamond or Platinum or have purchased FTTF. You just use your boarding pass to purchase drinks before that, no problem.

I was just about to ask how do you get a drink without it. lol. I have only been on 2 cruises and they were both out of New Orleans on the Dream and we got ours at check in.

I was just about to ask how do you get a drink without it. lol. I have only been on 2 cruises and they were both out of New Orleans on the Dream and we got ours at check in.

I’ve read others say that you show your boarding pass to buy drinks before you get your card, if they are left in your mailbox.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry to hijack, but what if you check in after 1:30, will it already be waiting for you or will you have to wait for your S&S card to be delivered to your mailbox before being able to access your room?

Diamond, Platinum, and FTTF will have their's in their mailbox around 1100. Everyone else will have their's in their mailbox around 1330. If you board after that it will be waiting for you.

Does anyone know how it is set up currently on the Valor? Do we get it at check in or in our mailbox? If you have FTTF, will it be ready in your mailbox (if that is the current method) when you get to your room before the normal 1:30 time?

Valor is outside storeroom, they started "keys onboard" last July.

This depends on the port, not ship specific. All of Galvestons Carnival ships are like this.

Ok thanks for that info, but here’s another question. How will they know I have FTTF, to get to my room? They always just looked at the sticker on my card. I sailed on Valor last June must have just missed the change over.

We were on Splendor out of LA last month and it was awesome. We did check in. No picture taking; they used our passport picture. The card was in the slot by our door at about 130. We did not have FTTF.
Same on Victory out of Miami in April. We loved it! Never waited in a line anywhere until the MDR at 6! Just be sure you have only what you need in your carry on because you have to keep it with you until 1:30.

Sent from my LG-M210 using Forums mobile app

Ok thanks for that info, but here’s another question. How will they know I have FTTF, to get to my room? They always just looked at the sticker on my card. I sailed on Valor last June must have just missed the change over.

Your boarding pass will have the FttF symbol and the words "PRIORITY" prominently on it. If stopped by crew at the fire doors just show them your paperwork.