Island Princess Caribe deck balcony question

OttawaJohn

We just finished a cruise on the Caribbean Princess and had a pretty large balcony on the Caribe deck. It was half covered, half exposed.

I know it's a different class, and smaller, so was curious about the balconies on the Island Princess. Do the ones on Caribe have a similar setup? Or on any deck?

Thanks in advance

Here’s a link to a great site with balcony information & photos for the Coral & Island.

That confirms my several years old recollection that most of the Caribe deck balconies are larger & are partially covered. The site was created before the Island was modified & replaced great viewing areas with more aft cabins.

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/index.html

We just finished a cruise on the Caribbean Princess and had a pretty large balcony on the Caribe deck. It was half covered, half exposed.

I know it's a different class, and smaller, so was curious about the balconies on the Island Princess. Do the ones on Caribe have a similar setup? Or on any deck?

Thanks in advance

We have been on the Island Princess since the changes, and yes, the Caribe deck does have the larger balconies - as long as it is not in the 'bump-out' sections. Those have much smaller balconies.

See: http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/Princess/odell/res76zxu/princessbalconies/id3.html

BTW, we have sailed the Island Princess three times - once before the changes, and twice after. Other than the outside promenade deck walking path not being a full circle of the ship, we did not have any other issues with the new layout.

The deck plans that have been posted were done in 2006 by Cruise Critic poster Tom O'Dell. I recall when he did these, we all loved them and really appreciated all the work he did. Wouldn't it be nice to have an update with the new deck plans. Tom, where are you?