Recent Golden cruisers

dcruisers

We leave for our 10th cruise -3rd with Princess- on the Golden Princess in 2 weeks. Can we get robes to use while on the cruise? Princess use to give robes-if requested-to use while on board.

Also, how is the entertainment? Who is the current CD?

We sailed the Golden before and enjoyed it. Most recently, there have been more negative comments than positive.

I really appreciate any and all input!

We leave for our 10th cruise -3rd with Princess- on the Golden Princess in 2 weeks. Can we get robes to use while on the cruise? Princess use to give robes-if requested-to use while on board.

Also, how is the entertainment? Who is the current CD?

We sailed the Golden before and enjoyed it. Most recently, there have been more negative comments than positive.

I really appreciate any and all input!

dcruiser when are you cruising on the Golden?

If you are on the Golden January 14th 2006 out of San Juan

Ther is a Large Group For A Meet And Greet B/4 we sail 4:00 pm In The Outrigger Bar Lido Deck 14

See You There

stur Dayton,Ohio

Omar is the CD. After 9 cruises, still not sure what I'm supposed to get out of a CD; Omar mainly does the "Omar Show" on cabin TV or on stage.

I thought the production shows were okay, some people liked the opera singer, others didn't. Some liked the magician others did not. Everybody who stayed up late and saw the comic in the Vista Lounge liked him and he also did a show the last night in the main showroom.

Movie variety was fine. Lounge singers were fine. Liked the piano player.

Robes were in the closet, the waffle weave kind -- I like this weight, some prefer heavier terrycloth. Ask your cabin attendant if you have a problem.

Several threads cover our cruise week (12/17-24) providing lots of details and range of opinion. Worth reading.

Overall, the worst part was it ended too soon, and we have booked a 10-day Princess cruise for the end of the year.

Thanks for the information, but where do I request robes on my Cruise Personalizer? I looked through it and didn't see an area for robes.

Thank you!

I believe it's under special requests, but I am at work now and don’t have my number. I will check later and if that’s not right, I will let you know (or maybe someone else will).

dcruisers - Why don't you join in our roll call for the Jan 14- Caribbean Explorer? We would love to hear from you!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=164801

Hope to see you at the CC Meet and Greet - that Stur told you about at the Outrigger Bar at 4:00 p.m. on Sat. the 14th.

Kaye

Just ask your cabin steward for robes. I had checked that box on the form but no robes were in our cabin.

I'm on the Golden right now, at Isla Margarita. I've been posting for the last few days on a live from the Golden thread that was started a long time ago.

Archived