El Avenida Palace or Petit Palace Museum

mbr_33

My family and I are staying in Barcelona for 3 nights prior to our cruise on Vision of the Seas in July. We are looking to book a family room for all of us (2 adults, 2 teens). Would anyone have recommendations for either El Avenida Palace or Petit Palace Museum? I believe both are in a similar location, near Las Ramblas. We want to be centrally located...not too far from the main tourist sites, but also not too far from the cruise terminal either. Thanks!

We have stayed in the Avenida Palace. It is an excellent location several blocks from Placa Catalunya and the top of Las Ramblas. It is also close walking distance to Casa Batllo. We were very happy with the choice.

We have been to Barcelona both during cruises and just recently returned from a tour. The link to all the details is here. https://gotravellife.com/2018/05/27/spain-2018-part-1-barcelona-roses-cadaques-figueres-and-surrounding-areas/ and just focus on the Barcelona section. We did spend a bit of time on the La Rambla (recovering from jet lag). Hope it’s helpful and have a wonderful time!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have stayed in the Avenida Palace. It is an excellent location several blocks from Placa Catalunya and the top of Las Ramblas. It is also close walking distance to Casa Batllo. We were very happy with the choice.

Thank you!

Have you checked those hotels have family rooms? European hotel rooms, particularly in cities tend to be small. I think I'm correct in saying that children over 12 are considered adults in Spanish hotel rooms.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you remember what you did for breakfast while you were there? Did you have the hotel breakfast or are there any places nearby that one could pick up a quick bite to start the day?

Do you remember what you did for breakfast while you were there? Did you have the hotel breakfast or are there any places nearby that one could pick up a quick bite to start the day?

The hotel breakfast was a little expensive for us. There were places in the area and near Placa Catalunya for breakfast. We like to go to the Boqueria for juice and fruit.

enhance

How did you get from the airport to the hotel and do you remember how much you paid? There will be four of us, with luggage. I'm trying to decide if it's more economical to take a taxi from the airport or reserve a car service ahead of time.

A pre ordered car will cost a lot more. There are loads of taxis at BCN and they have a fixed fare. It's around €35, but can't remember exactly. Alternatively, you could take Aerobus to Plaza Catalunya for about €11.90 return. They run about every 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How did you get from the airport to the hotel and do you remember how much you paid? There will be four of us, with luggage. I'm trying to decide if it's more economical to take a taxi from the airport or reserve a car service ahead of time.

Each time in Barcelona we have taken a taxi from the airport. We also use taxis as a relatively economical way to get from sight to sight. For example, four people split the taxi fare to Parc Guell and being a door to door service, we did not have to walk up the hill.