Review of Seaside 5 12 18 Eastern Caribbean

funinthsun

This was a 7 day "Eastern Caribbean sailing" ...Many stayed on for the 7 day Western leg.

First let me start by saying, this is not my first cruise, but my first experience with MSC cruises. It won't be my last! I was apprehensive because of the "negative" reviews I have read so I am compelled to share my experience. This ship is a little different from your "traditional" mainstream mass marketed cruises. It has a distinctive International flair, which I actually liked for the most part. It was enjoyable speaking with people from all over the world. What I did not like was the repetition of announcements in several (at least 5) languages, each time. I would think, with the technology today and the "bracelets" that do everything for you they would come up with a translator app and maybe an earpiece! problem solved..think UN...that was just an annoyance for me, deal breaker?....NO....time waster YES.

We got on the ship a little later than usual, and it was overcast, so our mission was to explore this beauty. And that is an understatement. Every where I looked there is artwork, comfy sitting spaces, beautiful public areas and tons of mirrors and open spaces to the sea! . LOVED the "deck 8 boardwalk" and the main hub Piazza connected by 2 sets of 3 decked Swarovski Crystal staircases. The ship is laid out, and spread out so you really do not feel the impact of 5000 passengers. It is huge though. The PIAZZA is gorgeous. We were on an "off" week of sailing; no holiday or summer vacation, so I imagine during those times some may have a different experience with so many children on board. There were lots of children on this sailing as well and did not experience too much of them. Multi generational passengers...all ages on this ship. There are 4 pools, and a designated children's area, in fact it's a water park!. One of the pools has a retractable roof,for inclement whether, too. The SPA is one of the best I've seen. The entertainment was GREAT. Each night better than the next. I cannot fathom how they manage to perform 3 shows per night and 7 different shows for the week . BRAVO to the entertainment staff. Speaking of which...Steve the Cruise director and Kevin his assistant are hilarious; and certainly "click". Loved their morning show. (Looped throughout the day.) Steve could be a stand up comedian. Very funny and very personable. The cabin was very spacious, much like most balcony cabins I've been in, except for the closet. The size of the closet was fine, but the location was awkward. In our case, along a short wall with about 12 in' of space between the sliding doors and the the bed. We had to take turns there. Not a lot of drawer space either,..so don't over pack!. You can stash suitcases under the bed. The bathroom was typical and small...but fine. (no conditioner, only shower gel and shampoo). Our cabin steward was very efficient and always responsive. As a matter of fact, I found all of the staff to be efficient and friendly. (opposite of the reviews I have read) Maybe people should remember these people work 7 days a week for about 7 months with almost zero time off to make sure WE have a wonderful trip. I find a friendly greeting or smile goes a long way.

Food...everyone's favorite topic.....I am a foodie. Love to try new things and love the main dining room experience....I will admit, I was a little disappointed. It was NOT bad, just not very exciting menu selections. There are the every night standbys if you do not like the choices though. The dining room was pretty and service was inconsistent. Mostly good, but sometimes disorganized. The languages can be an issue and I did feel like i was being "yessed" alot and they may have had no idea what I was even talking about. Deal breaker NO...did I go hungry..OF COURSE NOT. There is so much food on board. . I am sure this will improve with experienced crew. We did enjoy Ocean Cay, as a specialty dinner, and VENCHI Chocolate was really hard to pass on. Breakfast and lunches in buffets (2 buffets, by the way; deck 8 and deck 16) plentiful, lots of variety and consistent each day. For me, selections were kind of boring. PIZZA IS FANTASTIC, though.Many people got bogged down and said lots of lines, but it is a complete circle with pretty much 4 stations for everything. So, if there is a line, just keep walking to the to the next station. Plenty of seating always available inside and outside. Good desserts all day. Also homemade Gelati was available throughout the ship...for a small fee. It looked great.

The entertainment arcade area is fantastic. bowling. F-1 simulator, 5D movies, and on and on...I loved the ship. The good most definitely outweighed any bad...... I am sure I will be able to update you on any improvements, as I do not think this was my only trip on the beautiful MSC SEASIDE. Arrivaderci

ASK AWAY....

Edited by funinthsun
wanted to add planners (attachment)

Thanks for the post. As I'll be going on her in 4 weeks I'm trying to get as much info on what to do and see on board.

I actually was trying to upload the planners, but it wasn't working. . Lots to do on board. you will not be bored, for sure .

Your expeience matches my time on the Divina. Good reviews were hard to come by but we ended up enjoying our trip as a group of 12. So much we are booked for Seaside and pre planning for Meraviglia.