Currently on the Sunshine......

Jthomasou

We are in San Juan so I can use my phone. A few thoughts.....

The ship is not nearly as crowded as I feared it would be.

The buffet is full in the mornings, but few people uses the Havana Bar which is attached to the buffet with all the buffet food. My wife and I have had a table by the window every morning for breakfast. The cream cheese Cuban pastries (only available in the Havana bar) are the best thing I’ve ever had on any cruise ship including specialty restaraunts.

We are on the 12th floor only two elevators go to the 12th floor and the buttoning system doesn’t work great. This ship could use the much maligned vista elevator system. Apart from that the 12th floor is amazing. It’s super quiet. Not many rooms up here’s maybe 10 on each side.

The steakhouse was great, the dining room was ok, we had light food from the buffet for dinner last night and it exceeded expectations. We blew calories at the alchemy bar and dessert from the shake spot.

I’m happy to answer any other questions.

I’m sailing in March. Do you find the ship has more movement than others? I’ve read that it’s bad on the Sunshine. And has the lido deck been crowded?

Thanks in advance.

Lido was jamb packed. Serenity, except pool area, was closed 1/3 of time from wind. Didn't detect any more motion than from any other ship. Comedy club stage in awkward position. Love the ship just wish they didn't put all the water slides on the aft. Those were closed alot and would have made a great outdoor lounge area or something. Havana bar was great and all the food options on ship and a nice decor to boot! Would love to sail the Sunshine again!

Thx for the review, sail in March. I too was wondering about the ship movement at sea. Worst we ever experienced was on NCL Pride of America, in Hawaii during Feb. At the time we booked, we didn't realize it was surfing season with huge waves. Really only on the 1st night but that thing was like being on a combined roller coaster and ferris wheel. I slept like a baby being rocked to sleep.

Can you go to the sports bar and ask if they get Fox, FS1 and/or Telemundo? My family and I are cruising in a few weeks and we’d like to watch the World Cup and it’s only on those channels.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can’t say for sure this time, but my wife and I were on a cruise 4 years ago for the last World Cup. Carnival could only show games while in US waters and US ports. For Sea Days and foreign port days they didn’t have the international broadcast rights so they couldn’t show the games.

I can’t say for sure this time, but my wife and I were on a cruise 4 years ago for the last World Cup. Carnival could only show games while in US waters and US ports. For Sea Days and foreign port days they didn’t have the international broadcast rights so they couldn’t show the games.

Last time around they were shown on ESPN...I’m hoping with the new TV rights (Fox) they’ll be shown...But I’ve gotten conflicting answers as to whether or not the Sunshine has Fox, FS1 & Telemundo.

Are you able to find lounge chairs by the pool? I too was curious about the crowds. We are sailing Nove 23rd for 8 days

We just got off the Sunshine on Saturday. We did the 8 day Southern Caribbean. Chairs were hard to find around the pool later in the morning on Sea days. We found chairs on 2 of the sea days on the Serenity deck. We found 2 chairs together by the pool 1 sea day and the other sea day we headed back by the Waterworks and there were lots of chairs available there. I did notice a lot of chairs were reserved for quite awhile before people actually showed up.