Advice on Belize excursions

ehogan

I need some advice in choosing an excursion for Belize in January. We want to do a ship shore excursion due to the limited time in port and were considering an excursion including the Mayan caves.

I'm concerned about some of the posts that say the caves are very hot and since I don't handle extreme heat well I'd like to know if some of you experienced types feel that it is best to avoid these excursions. Also, how small are some of the passageways (DH is quite a large man)

Also, which tours pick you up directly from the ship (so that you can avoid the tender problem) - I am thinking of Goff's Cay - any others?

Thanks in advance

Hi ehogan

Belize Paradise do a jungle/river/cave excursion with Land Rovers. The caves were quite cool inside when I was there last year. There is a short jungle walk to get there that may bring you out in a sweat but you are provided with plenty of drinking water and it is extremely beautiful.

Some parts of the caves were narrow and some people preferred to walk around a different way - there is more than one route, and a guide was always there too.

This tour also picks up directly from the ship - the same boat then takes you along the Sibun River before you get into the Land Rovers - which are quite new and in good condition.

Their website is www.belize-paradise.com

Regards

Ian

Archived