What to wear to SS United States (specialty restaurant)

cfprunner

If we make a reservation for the specialty restaurant for casual night--do you and/or should you get dressed up for dinner or are slacks/skirt and a sport shirt dressy enough?

Hi Cfprunner !

The dress code in the specialty restaurant is on the dressy side.

This is from the Celebrity Website :

Specialty restaurant dining requires a jacket for gentlemen and a dress or pants and a blouse for ladies every night.

I hope that answers your question. Have a great Cruise !

Thanks all--and Zigster--we tend to do the same, but in this case, I don't want to trigger another formal dress purchase. I'll be in a suit and tie and DW will wear a nice dress, I am sure, no matter what.

I will just tell you my observation. It has been quite a while since our one and only experience so I do not know if we dined on a semi-formal or casual night. I just know there was one gentleman who left during the meal (maybe because of a spill) but returned wearing only a nice collarless shirt. He had been in a jacket and no tie before he left. I did notice one other table where one of the men had removed his jacket.

We are dining this time on one of the formal nights and if we are able to get a second reservation it will be either casual or semi-formal. We will be dressed up anyway. Dark suit for me, nice dress for her. Sports jacket with or without tie the second night.

We made our reservations after we boarded for an informal night and the Matre'D said a jacket was required but my DH didn't have to wear a tie. He did that but when we arrived it seemed that all the other men had ties on so he went back and got one. Later some men arrived without ties but not many. Not sure about casual night though.

In the Olympic Restaurant on the Millennium a jacket is required but not a tie.

The great thing is..

If you dont have your jacket or didnt bring one they will let you borrow one. They seem to have a stock of various size dark sport jackets and its free of charge!!!

So, dont worry if you forget your jacket. I am not sure about the other M Class ships.

Try the Olympic, its great and the Millie is the Flagship on the Celebrity Line.

Wait until the new ship comes out in a few years, I hear its going to be a sight to behold.

Don

Archived