Transportation from Royal Naval Yard to Crystal Caves?

wendytheplanner

By best, do you mean fastest or least expensive?

Least expensive would be ferry then bus; fastest, ferry then taxi. Take the ferry to Hamilton and walk to the bus terminal on Church St. Board a route #s 1,3,10, or 11 bus, As you board, tell the bus driver your destination, You cold take a taxi instead of the bus. There is a taxi stand to the right of the ferry terminal on Front St. Taxi fare would be about $27 plus tip for 1 to 4 paxs, Mon. to Sat. travel.

OR

Take the ferry to St George's and walk to the bus stop on York St. Board an inbound route #s 1,3,10, or 11 bus, As you board, tell the bus driver your destination, You cold take a taxi instead of the bus. There may be taxis waiting near the ferry dock otherwise walk to King's Square for one. Taxi fare would be about $17 plus tip for 1 to 4 paxs, Mon. to Sat. travel.

SBtS

Thank you for your detailed reply.

If I take the NCL Ferry to St Georges and take a bus to the Caves, how much is the bus for (2) - me and my husband. How do I pay? Do I need a ticket? Where do I get one?

Would there be enough time to do this on the last day? We need to be back to the boat before 3:00.

Would it take less time to return to the ship heading back to St George's and take the NCL Ferry back or bus it down to Hamilton and take the ferry back from there?

We bought a 3 day pass for bus/water taxi (in 2011 it was $29). Took the water taxi to St George and bus to the caves. Pretty easy to figure out. We went to both caves so that was about a half day adventure. Took bus back to Kings Wharf.

Thank you for your detailed reply.

If I take the NCL Ferry to St Georges and take a bus to the Caves, how much is the bus for (2) - me and my husband. How do I pay? Do I need a ticket? Where do I get one?

The bus fare is $5 p/p cash (coins only) or a $4.50 p/p token.You would pay when you board the bus.You do not need a ticket. You need cash, or token or Transportation Pass; the latter 2 would be purchased at a Visitor Information Center

Would there be enough time to do this on the last day? We need to be back to the boat before 3:00.

You could do this on the last day only it you use the NCL ferry to return to the Dockyard.

Would it take less time to return to the ship heading back to St George's and take the NCL Ferry back or bus it down to Hamilton and take the ferry back from there?

The NCL ferry only makes 4 trips per day from St George to the Dockyard except for the last day when it only does 1 return trip. Unless you plan your stay at the caves accurately, imho, it would be better to take the bus to Hamilton and the ferry to Dockyard from there.

SBtS

If you are doing this the last day I would suggest taking taxis, not buses. If you take the ferry to St. George’s you have to find the bus stop, it is a couple of blocks away and wait for the buses. At the caves the bus stops are close by but not right there. On a tight last day schedule a taxi would be better. Taking taxis from and back to St. George’s would be more expensive but give you more ease and time.

Personally I would not be doing the caves the last day with that early 3:00 time to be back to the ship as the caves are on the other end of Bermuda from the Dockyard but if I was intent on doing the caves that last day I would take a taxi from the Dockyard to and from the caves.