Cricket wireless users

To start, I have searched and found a few threads but they are a little dated so I figured I would try again to see if anyone has any info. We have Cricket and are trying to figure out if our phones will work on the islands we are headed to (St Kitts, St. Maarten, PR, and Grand Turk). We had T mobile when we went on the last cruise and had no issues and barely paid anything to communicate with people back home. Just trying to see if anyone has this service and if they were able to use the phones?

Thanks!

Cricket offers no roaming, so it will only work where AT&T has native coverage. That basically means the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. I was in St Thomas and Puerto Rico earlier this month and enjoyed strong coverage with Cricket. No service at all in St Martin.

This is one thing I miss from being on a contract plan with Sprint - the global roaming. Although it was slow, it worked and allowed us to check in with folks back home for free.

Cricket offers no roaming, so it will only work where AT&T has native coverage. That basically means the US Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico. I was in St Thomas and Puerto Rico earlier this month and enjoyed strong coverage with Cricket. No service at all in St Martin.

This is one thing I miss from being on a contract plan with Sprint - the global roaming. Although it was slow, it worked and allowed us to check in with folks back home for free.

Thank you for the info! I think i have finally found one drawback to this company. It's been great thus far.

Thank you for the info! I think i have finally found one drawback to this company. It's been great thus far.

Here is the information for Cricket international...

https://www.cricketwireless.com/support/plans-and-features/international-features/customer/international-features.html

• Unlimited calling and unlimited text, picture, and video messaging (SMS & MMS) to and from landlines and mobile phones in Mexico, Canada*, and the U.S., plus high-speed data access while traveling in Mexico or Canada. (Speeds reduced when you use up your plan's high-speed allowance. Primary use must occur in the U.S. Calls, texts, and data usage while in Mexico and/or Canada cannot exceed 50% of the total usage.) View important details.

Looks like the internet is only available from Mexico and Canada. There are add-ons but idk how they work.

I had T-Mo last year as well so can't comment on the ability from Cricket but they do have some international roaming.

I had cricket when I cruised last April. We did not have service in the BVI but did have service in St. Thomas. The one great thing about cricket is being able to leave your phone data on and not worry about any data charges happening. Periodically while cruising (closer to land) our phones would start dinging away with notifications. We must have been close enough to an AT&T signal for it to pick up service. But the signal would only last a minute or so.

• 11 months later...