NCL Newbie

Good morning!

DH and I have 11 cruises under our belts, mostly Carnival but we’ve decided to ‘jump ship’ to NCL.

We are booked on the Epic in February 2019 and the Breakaway in January 2020.

We’ve YouTubed the ships and we are super excited.

Any must-do’s for these ships? Any seasoned NCLers have some GREAT tips for a newbie?

My empty luggage fits under the bed on Carnival, will it on NCL? Are outlets limited on these ships? Last Carnival Cruise was the Vista. USB ports were built into the one and only outlet on the desk. Do the Epic and Breakaway have this?

On Carnival we’ve paid for FTTF to get an early boarding time. I know NCL doesn’t do this. Both NCL cruises are out of Port Canaveral, tell me about the check-in/boarding process.

Any other tips/tricks you can think of would be appreciated.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Both are megaships, so specialty dining and entertainment reservations open 120 days prior to departure. Book exactly 120 days out to get your preferred times.

No USB ports.

No FTTF. General boarding starts around 11:15-11:30 as soon as the prior cruise gets to a zero count. Buffet is open at 11:30 as well as O’Shehans grill. MDR opens at noon.

water slides (and ropes course on BA) are open until 1 hour prior to muster.

Lots of luggage space under beds.

Security. Followed by a check in line. Swipe passport, take security phot, submit healthy questionaire and you get your room keys. Easy.

Both are megaships, so specialty dining and entertainment reservations open 120 days prior to departure. Book exactly 120 days out to get your preferred times.

No USB ports.

No FTTF. General boarding starts around 11:15-11:30 as soon as the prior cruise gets to a zero count. Buffet is open at 11:30 as well as O’Shehans grill. MDR opens at noon.

water slides (and ropes course on BA) are open until 1 hour prior to muster.

Lots of luggage space under beds.

Security. Followed by a check in line. Swipe passport, take security phot, submit healthy questionaire and you get your room keys. Easy.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums