Carnival's cruise insurance

shellster1

I booked a cruise a few months ago, and I'm 15 days out. I'm thinking of canceling. I logged into my account, and it looks like I still have the option to purchase the cruise insurance. It says I can cancel "for any reason". What's the catch? Seems like a no-brainer to purchase if I am going to cancel. Has anyone purchased the insurance so close to the cruise date, just to cancel? Aside from feeling guilty, and I do...if I choose to do this, what other issues would there be? Thanks.

I have not read the fine print but according to my PVP! A couple weeks after booking a cruise but several months before final payment I found out there is a 50/50 chance I may need to cancel after final payment. I was to far removed from the time I booked to get most insurances but the carnival policy would still cover cancel for any reason. I called my PVP and he said I could wait until closer to final payment to get this policy but I must get it before final payment for the cancel for any reason to remain in affect.

sorry posted before I saw your second message