Shore excursions from Messina & Naples in September 2018

Live a little

If you are sailing from Venice on 22nd September your roll call is here

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2609496

There may be others who want to arrange tours.

I can't help, we have either done our own thing or taken a ship's excursion in those ports.

There is lots of information about Naples and some about Messina in the Ports of call section.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?595

Hi we are planning our QV cruise in September from Venice for 9 nights & would appreciate any helpful recommendations for tour companies organising shore excursions from Messina on the 26th & Naples on the 28th.

Thank you.

One thing I would like to mention, when in Naples, if you get on a local bus outside the ship terminal beware, each time we have been on some people have had their pockets picked by pro pick picketers, I have been a victim twice the first time they only got my ships boarding card,which was sorted when we got back to the ship, the second time, I caught something in the corner of my eye a hand came over my shoulder and was lifting out some money from my shirt pocket, The problem was lots of local people on the bus just watched and never said a word, the thief just jumped from the bus, ran towards the front of the bus and jumped back onto the bus.:mad::mad:

• 2 months later...

We were in Naples and Messina last year and it’s easy to do your own thing, in Messina we took the train to Taormina from rail station you can take the local bus or a Taxi up to town. It is a beautiful place to visit.

In Naples you can take the local metro (municipal) to piazza garibaldi station for the train to Sorrento which also stops at Herculaneum or Pompei. Alternatively http://www.italytours.eu

have a number of tours at good price.

You could also look on the Italy share shore excursion web site to see if someone is looking for people to share a tour.

A couple of years ago, our ship berthed in Messina and it was only a short walk to the centre. We booked on the 24 hour red Ho Ho Bus.

We went back onboard for lunch and I went back outside in the afternoon to go back on the Ho Ho Bus and was informed it finished at lunchtime.