Photo Package on Princess-Good Value?

mikelly1221

Just off the Grand, and we had a different experience with the pre-paid photo package. In the past, we had always bought it for one person, and any pictures with that person were included. So on this cruise, we were with Grandma and Grandpa for their anniversary. We were in three cabins (G&G in one, us in one, and our three kids in one), so we bought the package for Grandma, thinking that we could get all the pics she was in. We were informed that they no longer do this, and the only pictures included were those with ONLY the people in her cabin, so only photos of Grandma and Grandpa alone. We talked to many people all the way up the chain, and this was enforced, although they did let us substitute any 10 photos instead. The picture quality was not that great, so we probably wouldn't have had had many more we wanted anyway, but it would have been nice to know. Many of the ones we took with our phones turned out better.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

This is very disappointing to hear, and I wonder if anyone else can confirm that Princess has changed the All-Inclusive Photo Package?

We have a group of 18 sailing on the Ruby Princess at the end of August and I had planned to pre-purchase the All-Inclusive Photo Package, but if we will only get photos where DW and I are alone then it makes no sense at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Just off the Grand, and we had a different experience with the pre-paid photo package. In the past, we had always bought it for one person, and any pictures with that person were included. So on this cruise, we were with Grandma and Grandpa for their anniversary. We were in three cabins (G&G in one, us in one, and our three kids in one), so we bought the package for Grandma, thinking that we could get all the pics she was in. We were informed that they no longer do this, and the only pictures included were those with ONLY the people in her cabin, so only photos of Grandma and Grandpa alone. We talked to many people all the way up the chain, and this was enforced, although they did let us substitute any 10 photos instead. The picture quality was not that great, so we probably wouldn't have had had many more we wanted anyway, but it would have been nice to know. Many of the ones we took with our phones turned out better.

Not trying to dismiss your experience, but I just got off the phone with Princess regarding our upcoming Alaska cruise and asked to confirm the policy on the All Inclusive Photo Package.

The representative put me on hold to check with her manager, and after coming back she indicated that as long as one of the passengers in the cabin with the photo package is in the photo, we would get the image -- i.e. it doesn't have to be ONLY the 2 people from that cabin alone.

She indicated that we would get 1 print (additional prints could be purchased) plus the digital file which we could share with others in our group.

I also just got off the Grand and had conflicting answers about the photo package. I have bought the photo package three times before on the Royal and Emerald and as long as one person in the photo package was in the picture it was included. On the Grand, I was told that it was only the people in that particular cabin. I would check with the photo manager and then get a refund if it is not to your satisfaction.

It will just be the two of us and we'll be in the same cabin so all our photos will be included! ;)

BUT....my question is slightly different.

Last Princess cruise we were with my in-laws. So WE got the flash drive and then sent the digital files to the other people. At the time, IIRC, we were told that if we bring the flash drive back, we would get some sort of discount/deal in the future. They probably count of people losing it or forgetting it. HA! I know exactly where it is..... next to my passport so I don't forget either!

Does anyone know if you already have the flash drive, what the dealio is with the $199 package? We always spend WAY too much money on photos, so I've been planning on getting the package....

Or should I just call Princess and ask?

It will just be the two of us and we'll be in the same cabin so all our photos will be included! ;)

BUT....my question is slightly different.

Last Princess cruise we were with my in-laws. So WE got the flash drive and then sent the digital files to the other people. At the time, IIRC, we were told that if we bring the flash drive back, we would get some sort of discount/deal in the future. They probably count of people losing it or forgetting it. HA! I know exactly where it is..... next to my passport so I don't forget either!

Does anyone know if you already have the flash drive, what the dealio is with the $199 package? We always spend WAY too much money on photos, so I've been planning on getting the package....

Or should I just call Princess and ask?

I don’t know the answer but would be interested in knowing since I also have purchased the photo package for an upcoming cruise. Please come back and let us know what Princess says.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 years later...
12 hours ago, DBFan4Life said:

Since it's 2023 ... does anyone have the info and prices on the photo packages for a 7 day cruise?

There's no longer the all inclusive photo package.  It was a very short time package.

I believe the photos are $20+ a sheet, there might be a buy 5 for $100 running.  If you buy the premier package, you get a couple of hard copies and unlimited downloaded to a flash drive. 

since this has been revived, another question:  I have a ship-shaped flash drive that I got when I purchased photos from Princess on previous cruises.  It used to be that when I brought it back onboard for the next cruise I got some sort of discount or was able to download photos to it without an extra fee.  Something like that, I don't remember exactly what.  Does anyone know how it works now?  Is it worth bringing along the drive on my upcoming cruise?