Get rid of the art and auction

I guess my issue is that I live in an art rich area where you can get a one of a kind original, framed if you wish, for up to $600 or so.

Most of the art in my house is local and was given to me for free in appreciation and this includes a nude, a wild duck and a landscape of Kitschie forest near where I live, so those all have meaning to me (among others). I also have local art of places in New Orleans that were meaningful to me like the church where I was married, and where I taught at the school, the reception place, my grammar, high schools and colleges along with my husbands etc. and his medical school. Etc.

What I learned sitting outside the auction for 20-30 minutes is that I am wrong wrong wrong about it. Clearly people are buying.

What I also learned about it in reading online articles and on CC about it is that apparently you are buying not that print but something similar and they will substitute sizes and actual prints if they choose to or if they are out of what you bought. That is apparently in the contract and spelled out up front. Also the 10% buyer’s premium add ons are not refundable and for one person on CC who posted, that was $4,200.

So my opinion is buy what you like but research online if you can and search eBay for the estate sales and buyer beware!!!!! Beware!!!!

All MOO

I actually enjoy the auctions (weird, I know!), My daughter took two years of art history in High School and when she graduated we went on a cruise with her. It was fun walking around and hearing her explaining things to me then hearing the auctioneers repeating what she had already told me. I admit, I go get my free drinks sit down and people watch but have never bought anything, not that I was never tempted, once I was tempted with a Picasso that I liked but decided that it was just too much money.