A couple questions about the Bliss

Blue90

Hi everyone,

I've never sailed Norwegian before but we're looking into an Alaska sailing on the Bliss sometime in the future. Was just curious with the Go Karts/Laser Tag/Mini Golf, is there an additional charge for these activities?

Also, trying to figure out which specialty restaurants to eat at, is there a menu for each restaurant available somewhere on NCL's site? I can't seem to find one.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I've never sailed Norwegian before but we're looking into an Alaska sailing on the Bliss sometime in the future. Was just curious with the Go Karts/Laser Tag/Mini Golf, is there an additional charge for these activities?

Also, trying to figure out which specialty restaurants to eat at, is there a menu for each restaurant available somewhere on NCL's site? I can't seem to find one.

Thanks!

Just off the May 10, 2018 "Panama Canal" cruise. We upgraded our 4 night UDP to a 14 night UDP (ultimate Dining Package) before we sailed. We tried several of the restaurants and here is what we found.

01) Teppenyaki (Asian style food cooked right in front of you) We went there 1 night and really enjoyed ourselves

02) Q - Southern/Country BBQ - We went there 3 times, food was awesome. (Yummy)

03) Cagney's - Steakhouse - We went 2 times. Both times I ordered the "Prime Rib" one of the best, if not the best

I have ever eaten. Went back a 2nd. time later on in the cruise and it was no where as good as the 1st. time.

04) Le Bistro (french cuisine) went 2 times and it was just okay both times.

05) La Cuchina (Italian) went 2 times. 1st. time was great and the 2nd. time was just good.

06) Ocean Blue (Sea food) went 1 time was not that great

07) Los lobos (Mexican cuisine) went there 1 night and I can honestly say it was the worst of all my dining

experiences on the 15 might cruise.

08) We also did "Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville" for lunch one afternoon (paid extra for it) and it was good, not great.

We ate in the "Garden Cafe" several times and the food was very good and the variety plentiful.

As many people before me have expressed, food likes and dislikes are very subjective and I totally agree. We are not foodies by any means, however we have been on many cruises (me 70+ & my wife 100+) we have tried several different cruise lines and differing sized ships. I will say that overall the food on the "Bliss" was good to very good. We are loyal "RCCL" cruise customers (both Diamond+) and I will say that the "Bliss" food was heads and tails above "RCCL". You may find that the menus on the "Alaskan" cruises might be different from what we had available to us on the 15 night "Panama Canal" cruise. However with all of the various dining options that they offer you will never go hungry.

Was there a seafood buffet night in the Garden Cafe? My TA went on the agents cruise and she raved about the seafood buffet. I’m wondering if that was just a special event for agents or if they do it on every cruise. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Does the bliss have O'sheehans 24 hour restaurant?

It’s now called the Local with a slightly different menu. Moving away from the prior CEO,,,, but at the entrance to the restaurant, there is an Irish flag with a 4 leaf clover,,,,, The ghost of Kevin still walks the halls of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk