symphony of the seas docking

riviera

We are not cruising until January 2019, but does anyone know where Symphony will be docking? And is it near Mahogany Bay? Our cruise itinerary just says Roatan. Would like to start making plans for our day in port, but not sure where we will be exactly. Thanks everyone.

If I understand correctly, Symphony of the Seas belongs to Royal Carribean which means it will be docking in Coxen Hole.

Mahogany Bay is a cruise port complex built and owned by Carnival.

Edit ~ Holy Hannah, is that the new huge ship? Oops, answered my own question: "As of 9 June 2017, she is the largest passenger.... " Now I wonder if it can get into Coxen Hole or if maybe tender is the answer.

Edited by Guest 2000

If I understand correctly, Symphony of the Seas belongs to Royal Carribean which means it will be docking in Coxen Hole.

Mahogany Bay is a cruise port complex built and owned by Carnival.

Edit ~ Holy Hannah, is that the new huge ship? Oops, answered my own question: "As of 9 June 2017, she is the largest passenger.... " Now I wonder if it can get into Coxen Hole or if maybe tender is the answer.

Yes I did a little more research and mahogany bay belongs to the carnival corporation so only their ships may dock there. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is shopping at the pier in Coxen Hole. Same/similar stores as up in Mahogany Bay, IIRC. Plus in CH the private excursion vendors, like Rony and Victor Bodden have little kiosks there where you can book excursions that day and catch their vans; unlike at MBCC where you have to go outside the port complex to reach them and need advanced reservations so they can find you.

There is shopping at the pier in Coxen Hole. Same/similar stores as up in Mahogany Bay, IIRC. Plus in CH the private excursion vendors, like Rony and Victor Bodden have little kiosks there where you can book excursions that day and catch their vans; unlike at MBCC where you have to go outside the port complex to reach them and need advanced reservations so they can find you.

Good to know! Last time we visited Coxen Hole there wasn’t much there. Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Coxen Hole is fine. There are some good shops if you like to look for souveniers.

The shopping complex is on two levels but there is an elevator-proceed with caution: )

There is a zip line at the end of the pier that you cannot miss. It takes you from the port to the restaurant complex across the bay.

We use their staff to drive us over to this wonderful seafood restaurant-I think all is owned by the same company.

The restaurant serves good priced lobster, fish, shrimp and there are non seafood items.Excellent food and always sorry to leave.

We have gone there at least 4 times and always enjoyed the open air of the restaurant and most of all the food.

The name of the restaurant is Breadfruit Grill. Try it sometime for a nice seafood lunch at good prices!

You can walk outside the fenced port area but that is something I leave to you.

We have had nice but assertive locals trying to walk us to where we want to go; naturally for a tip.

Unless you are fluent in Spanish, be cautious of the Internet cafe outside the port to the right.

I am not fluent and pushed the wrong direction buttons. My ISP shut my system down thinking I was being hacked.

It took one hour on the ship's phone to have my service restored. Lessons learned!