Tips for Enjoying the Ship

CozGurl

On our cruise this fall I want to try to be mindful of enjoying our ship as part of our vacation. I mean, we're paying a couple hundred dollars a day for the cabin, food and amenities so I want to enjoy it not just look at it as a means to get to the ports. There is even one day I think we're going to spend the day on the ship as we're not excited about the port. I've read some of you say that you stay on the ship, so I'm looking for some advice as to the best way to get the most out of the ship.

Does that make sense?

Here's one that I think helps me get the best out of the help: Leave a one dollar tip every time someone helps you. You'll be recognised instantly after and they will fall over each other o get to you. $20 a day for the best service offered....

Here's one that I think helps me get the best out of the help: Leave a one dollar tip every time someone helps you. You'll be recognised instantly after and they will fall over each other o get to you. $20 a day for the best service offered....

alternatively the best staff will recognise frequent guests and can gain promotion/benefits by you filling in vacation hero cards at end of cruise without unscientific method of flinging dollars at random staff

Make sure to check out the Dailies each evening. One will be put in your cabin. It will list all the events for the next day as well as restaurant and bar hours. There is always something going on and often multiple things. Find what interests you and then go out and enjoy your cruise. Or just enjoy your cabin and/or balcony if that is your thing.

Sorry, our cruise is actually in January and we'll be on the Dawn. We were thinking about doing a spa pass on our sea day, which is the first day. Maybe we can wait until we're on board to see if there are spa specials later in the week. Is the spa pool indoors? What else can you use other than the lap pool and have it be adults only?

Tips for enjoying the ship:

Spend as much time as possible before your cruise going over the deck plans. Read up on the different restaurants, bars, shows, etc. You want to know exactly what is on your ship before you get on your ship. The best place to do this is right on the NCL website. You can follow up here with questions.

Next, as someone already said, read the Freestyle Dailies that will be left in your cabin each evening detailing everything going on the next day. There is so much to do on these ships, and all of it will be listed there.